A problem with merge rows and repeat groups

sales2010

Hello,

Please check this problem: every time when i repeat a group in a form (click on the button +) and save the information, a new row will be displayed in main list instead of merging within an existing row.

Work fine if there is only one repeat group saved.

How to replicate: add a join to a list and activate the option repeat group for child group. Add a new record in form without repeat the child group. The list will merge the rows. Edit the info and repeat the child group then save the form. The list will no longer merge the rows.

Thank you

It may be your list sorting:
rows are only merged if they are "side by side".
How does your list look like with "each row separately"?

Hello cheesegrits, troester,

The settings for list are similar as those shown by cheesegrits in his screencast.

Using option "each row separately" will display the list in the right order, but of course rows are not grouped.

troester: Please explain this "rows are only merged if they are "side by side".

What i don't understand is why the first record is displayed in the right way (see attached filed) but then everything is messed, see for example id 3..

I don't have any specific settings for list, although i will need to order the info based on Priority

Clipboard01.png

This looks as what I tried to explain:
records with id3 are merged only if they will be "together", in your case one joined record with id4 is between.
Set your list to "order by" = id , than you can add more elements to order by (e.g. Priority)

Thank you, troester, as usual :)

Just one problem with the second option for order the items in list, it doesn't seem to change anything. I have added id as first ordering option then Priority, now the list look like this:

Clipboard01.png

Thank you

Is Priority in the "main" list? Than I think it should work with order by 1. Priority 2. id.

It won't merge if you are ordering by a joined element

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back