another problem with a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vadim

Hi Rob, I'm afraid this is a question to you. I see next note:
"501 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY text ASC' at line 4 SQL=SELECT DISTINCT(`fab_cities`.`id`) AS value, `fab_cities`.`city`AS text FROM `fab_cities` AS `fab_cities` WHERE ORDER BY text ASC"
Please, login as a testing, go there https://www.dobrochyn.org/index.php/social-entrepreneurship you'll see a list, and click on plus (add) and you'll see this note.
Hope for your help!

hi Vadim

I've fixed this for you on your site and in github. Its odd that no-one else has reported an error here, as its a bit of code that hasn't changed for a long while. Anyway, the fix is very small and shouldn't impact on anything else

-Rob

After your good news I was ready to say thank you and close this thread, but... List and form is OK, but please, check what's wrong with cascadingdropdown element (721) - it doesn't want to work!((

this is resolved in github - ive left you a skype message asking if you wanted me to update the site.

I've just did githup and nothing changes, it is still same problem with cascadingdropdown. By the way in any list, where I used it not just in mentioned one.
Please, check it.

I double checked by re-updating your site from github and tested the form:
/index.php/social-entrepreneurship/form/33/0

the cdd '?????????? ?????' works fine for me.

As for me it does not work at all. Possibly we see different pic, or have totally different understanding how it has to work. So, please, check my screenshot. field for country has a selected record "???????", but cdd "?????????? ?????" is grey and doesn't propose any city at all. At the same time there are more then 100 existing cities in a list 3 "??????". And this is a problem.
This problem is everywhere, where I made ccd, not just at mentioned link.

If you can see in mentioned form different cities within cdd "?????????? ?????", after choice of "???????" in a country, - please, send me your screenshot for sure.

Attachments

• fabrik1.png
    fabrik1.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 215
I tried in chrome as per your video and it still works for me.
Can you check you have cleared your browser cache, and can you report any js errors that appear on the page for you?
Also could you skype me the user account that you are testing with, maybe that is effecting what is happening

after I cleared browser cache, it looks ok now. I feel sorry that took your time for question, which in fact was outside of Fabric; Now I can use this method in the future, and thank you for support!

no problem - Its so easy to think the cache is cleared and its not - I don't know how many times a day that happens to me :)!

Well, problem with cascadingdropdown again!((
Now, there is another form # 9, and cascadingdropdown element # 379
Please check link https://dobrochyn.org/index.php/component/fabrik/form/9?Itemid=163
Again, choose country (??????) as ??????? and there is the same problem again with a choice of city (?????) - nothing. I've checked other forms - they are ok, so the problem is only with this form.
Another question is about googlemap's element - there are several at site and none shows map in a form, for example form #33, element 646, or you can check form 9 after you'll correct field for city (cascadingdropdown element)

It'll be great to correct it till wednsday as I should make presentation of this system in Wednsday. Thank you!

Hi Vadim

The country db join element:
/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=element&layout=edit&id=378

had the id set to be the 'country' field where as it should be the 'id' field.
I have changed that and the cdd works now

I've checked other forms - they are ok, so the problem is only with this form.
If one thing works and another does then its a good idea to compare the settings of the elements to see if there is a difference. If nothing works then its more likely to be a code issue.

there are several at site and none shows map in a form, for example form #33, element 646, or you can check form 9 after you'll correct field for city (cascadingdropdown element)
Its set to be visible for only super admins - is that what you want? It might be why users can't see it

Its set to be visible for only super admins - is that what you want? It might be why users can't see it
Sorry, but it is not visible for only super admins, as you can see at screenshots of element's and list's properties, but there is nothing at front end (last screenshot) under "?????? ?? ?????" (googlemap). Or I don't understand smth?

Attachments

• gglmap1.png
    gglmap1.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 246
  • gglmap1a.png
    gglmap1a.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 225
  • gglmap2.png
    gglmap2.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 221
there are several at site and none shows map in a form, for example form #33, element 646, or you can check form 9 after you'll correct field for city (cascadingdropdown element)
Its working for me when I log in with my user 'rob' and go to the form index.php/component/fabrik/form/33/0

ok so its a chrome issue only (I should have read further back in the post where that was already stated).
Issue was we were not taking into account the fact the site could be loaded under https - thus the gmaps js file wouldn't load.
This is now fixed in github

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back