Bug in Search Function

hajosch

Hi. We have discovered a strange bug in the search function. We are building up a bibliographic database which contains in the moment about 3.500 titles. You can search for all names and titles or any words of the title description etc. and always get results (mostly the wanted results). But if you search for the word ?Most? (which is in this case the family name of ?Johann Most?) you get no result. But if you search for ?Most, Johann? it shows results (probably because it finds the search term "Johann").

Any idea what could be the cause of this problem or ? better ? how to solve this problem? I already posted a report about this problem a while ago under the title "strange search problem". But I guess my thread did not reach the fabrik development team als a bug report. Therefore I report this bug again with this new thread hoping that somebody finds a solution for this problem.

Its not a trival problem because if this bug occurs in the case of the name/word "Most" it might occur also in other cases, which makles the search funtion not reliable anymore.

If you want to see and check out the described problem for yourself you can do it under this URL:

dadaweb3[dot]mecopo[dot]de/index.php/dada-l-liste

Thanks

Hajosch

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back