Can only edit in backend when logged in in frontend

wdburgdorf

I'm surely not the first one to encounter this problem, but have not found a thread on it ...

I had trouble editing data in the backend: "You are not authorised to view this resource." No access, although I was logged in as Super User.

Then I found when I log in in the frontend, everything works fine.

Fabrik bug, or my settings?

Thank you!

(J!2.5.6, F3.0.6)

What are the access setting of this "non authorised resource", does your Super User have this access level?

Logged in in frontend as Super User, too, or an other user?

Same login, both Super User. Doesn't SU always have access to all levels?

Access is "Admin". According to the settings in the Joomla User Manager, Super Users are the only ones to have viewing access to the "Admin" level.

I've played around a bit more. Now the form comes up also when not logged in in the front end, but not all form items are shown. In the pop up, a "not authorised" message appears briefly. Sure enough, the elements that don't show have "Admin" access, the ones that do show have "Public".

Doesn't SU always have access to all levels?
No.
Make sure that Public access level is applied to SuperUser group or to a parent group of SuperUser. Usually Public access level is applied to Public group and Public group is parent of all other groups, but maybe you have changed the settings

I have not changed the settings, it is just as you describe. As SU I do have access to everything that's public. And I do have access to EVERYTHING as long as I am logged in as SU in the frontend.
Only if not logged into the frontend, I have no access to restricted fabrik elements in the backend.
So somehow there's a mixup between front- and backend access checking ...
(no such issues with other components!)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back