Can't select list for Autofill

markbgomez

Hey guys, I'm running Joomla 2.5.6 and Fabrik 3.0.5.2 with all the plugins downloaded from github about an hour ago, so everything should be up to date.
I'm trying to get a form to autofill, but when I try to set up the autofill, it won't let me select a list. It tells me I must select a connection first, but the site database is already selected. Any ideas or should I just pm you a username and password to take a look.
What I'm trying to do is create two separate databases for teachers to use for academic support. Someone will enter all the students enrolled in Academic Support in the asup_students database along with their personal info (email, parent's email, teacher's email, etc.). Then, the academic support team will write a summary for each session into the asup_notes form and when they submit it, it will send that summary to the student, his parents, and his teacher. When the asup team fills in the summary, I would like them to look up the student by email address and have the rest of the personal info be autofilled.
Thanks for your help.

Hey guys, I'm running Joomla 2.5.6 and Fabrik 3.0.5.2 with all the plugins downloaded from github about an hour ago, so everything should be up to date.

I've literally just done an update to test something else and the list select appears to be working for me.

Did you perform a full Github update, i.e copying everything from the github zip to your server?

Yeah, I unzipped, zipped, uploaded, discovered, installed, and enabled every single thing that I could. Not sure why the circle just spins at that point. It seems to be connected to the database just fine, since I can select the "Field to observe" and the "Trigger". It just gets hung up at the list selection.

What browser are you using?

I can only suggest at the moment to re-download from Github and re-upload to your server ensuring that all files are overwritten. This is just to eliminate data corruption.

If you still have the same issue report back and we will go from there.

I just downloaded from github and did the same process. After extracting the rezipped files in my document root, it doesn't show anything in the Discover part of the extension manager. I'm assuming this means that they are all up to date and nothing's changed. Problem persists. Any other ideas?

The re-download was just to make 100% nothing was corrupted as this sometimes happens, just an internet thing really!

Looks like you have found the answer hence hinting that it may be a browser issue.

I have just tried this on Chrome though and it works okay for me, I'm using Windows and Chrome version 20.0.1132.57 (nice simple number!!!).

Maybe you have some plugins that are causing problems?

Works for me in Chrome as well.

If you run Chrome's Developer Tools (under the "Wrench" menu, Tools), select the Network tab, and change the connection menu on the autofill plugin settings, you should see a POST request fire off to the server to fetch the table names for that connection. Which, if you click on the corresponding document icon on the left, should return a JSON string as the response, looking like:

[{"id":"","label":"Please select"},{"id":"56","label":"Ammend Test"}, ...]

Can you try that, and see if a) it is actually firing that POST request when you change the connection menu, and b) if it returns any kind of error instead of the JSON string of table names and ids. or if you get some other unspecified JS error showing in the Console tab.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back