Cascading Dropdown on Edit

davez

I have a cascading dropdown which is not loading the saved data on edit. Is anyone else having this trouble?

I recreated the element just in case. Watch elements are set properly. It works fine on a new form.

Was working prior to my recent upgrade to Fabrik/Joomla 4.

Is the stored value a valid option on form load (i.e. the watched element showing the "correct" value)?
Any JS errors?

JS - All I'm getting is a Gantry error, but it's on the new form also:
main.js?65eb9b69:1 [Deprecation] Listener added for a synchronous 'DOMSubtreeModified' DOM Mutation Event...\
Watched values are correct.

When the edit form loads, the loading spinner does not initiate. If I rselect the watched element and re-select the set watched option, the cascadingDD element does show the list of items.

Tried Cassiopeia. Still not loading. It's as if the JS isn't firing that loads the cascading element. But I'm not sure where to dig for that.

I found another clue. The failed one is a menu form which sets the user_id by setting the row_id to -1.

The CDD is working on Edit if you try to edit from the list itself.

Found a crazy work around. Essentially, I wrote a form plugin that does the job of the "setting the user id by setting the row id to -1" feature of the menu form.

Does seem like there is a CDD bug within forms loaded by setting the row id to -1 (for users).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back