count records in table

tinyx

Hi! I'd like to show the total records on my table.

I have seen the TABLE CALCULATIONS when I edited my Element. I saw:

Count records
Count value
Count access

I have set my count records to YES and my count access to PUBLIC. But I do not know what I should put in my Count value. I have no idea what to put here. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

yeah its not clear is it - even to me!
you should be able to leave it blank - that will then count all records in the table.
If you entered
Code:
where name = 'rob'

then it would count all records that contained the name rob.

Hi Rob! Thanks for your answer, now I know :D

I tried it and is it supposed to appear under the table? Cos I enabled the Count Records but it doesn't show me the total.

I get the same result - calculations don't show on the table. Waiting for Rob to get back, will put a bug in his ear about this.

-- hugh

Hopefully this isn't a bug. Apparently the calculations aren't run on every table load, because it adds a bunch of processing. So we only run the calculations when a record is edited or a new record is added.

Try editing / adding adding a record, see if they show up.

One little 'bug' Rob is fixing right now is to re-calc when an element is saved on the backend. So if you change your element table calc options, they will be re-calc'ed without having to edit or add a record.

-- hugh

calculations are only run when a record is edited or added.
After some testing i realized that they should also be run when you update the element that contains the calculations.
This is now the case in the SVN.
I suggest trying to update to that and then editing and saving an element

Ok. I thought the calculations would appear on table view. Now I know. Thanks for answering my questions Hugh and Rob :)

They do show on the table view. It's just that they don't get calculated every time you show the table, only when a new record is eneterd or an existing record is edited. So when you first set the calculation on an element, it won't show up till you add or edit a record.

The latest SVN fixes it so when you save an element on the backend, it recalcutes, so you don't have to edit any records to force the recalc.

-- hugh

hello there,
i have problems. i have a table with column sex. my questions: how to count record that value male and female. Ex: male : 19. female : 20.
sorry for my english.
thank you very much.. :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back