Create new list - no CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterk900

I'm trying to create a list with Fabrik 3.1rc2 downloaded today and J! 3.2. The list creation form still (it was like this a month or more ago) displays without any CSS. Is this an o/s issue waiting to be fixed - or am I missing something ? Thanks.

I've never seens/heard about this.
Do you have a screenshot?
Which browser?
Any JS errors?

Yes JS Error Reference Error: Joomla is not defined.

<script type="text/javascript"> Joomla.submitbutton = function(task) {

The screen display is just like any page designed for CSS but with the .css missing.

Occurs IE10/FF/Chrome.
It is interesting you say you have not seen this error. I remember this same problem 1yr+ ago, just after the release of Fabrik for J! 3.0. At that time I steered away from J! 3.0 to test Fabrik using J! 2.5
Hope this helps. Peter

I've really no idea which effects you are seeing (and it doesn't look as if anybody else has this issue).
Do you have a screenshot?

I've built a brand new J! 3.2 site and installed the latest 3.1rc2 Fabrik. Fabrik installs fine. The site only has Fabrik. When I try and create a new list, the page hangs - no firebug errors, like my orginal post.

Returning to the site that started this post - in IE I get several pages of form fields displayed without any CSS. When I view the same in Safari, the page hangs.

If you can send me ( use myeightdayweek@gmail.com ) your email address, I'll send you the back-end log in details for this vanilla J! site with just Fabrik where the Add List button hangs the page. There must be a screamingly simple explanation of this issue - especially since nobody else has encountered this ! But until I solve this I can't go anywhere with Fabrik with clients on J! 3.

Thanks

Peter

Totally strange.
I can create a new list via creating a form recording to database.
But when trying to edit the list it's also just displaying an empty site (really empty
<html>
<head></head>
<body></body>
</html>)

Do you have any redirecting (e.g. .htaccess) or security settings activ which is doing something with an URL like
...../fabriktest1/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&layout=edit&id=1?

No, this is a straight 'out-of-the-box' J! install using an ISP set up script. I have a number of test sites 3.x with this ISP using Kunena, K2, Akeeba etc all of which work fine. Fabrik with J! 2.5 works without issue.

It may help to look at this other site (below) - this has a lot of clutter but here Create New List displays an error - Reference Error Joomla Not Defined Joomla.SubmitButton = function(Task...

Here is the url
http://http://marionandpeter.com/j3ex1/administrator

usr fabrik

pwd fabrik999

Peter

I've tested installing Fabrik 3 on another host and there are no list creation problems. Apologies, for the last 12 months+ I've been assuming the issue to be a Fabrik problem !

The problem therefore lies with our current Joomla site host. I've passed them your question in the last post to see if they can suggest what the problem might be. Can you think of any further configuration settings which might be responsible ?

Thanks.

The current host where I'm having the problems asked " if there are any http callbacks to the domain itself possibly? ". I've answered "No" but is Fabrik itself doing anything that of this sort ?

The memory limit is now 128Mb and this causes New List to show data but with no CSS. No console errors appear.

I've tried another brand new build J! 3.2.1 with a fresh Fabrik 3.1rc2 - nothing else installed. The ISP meets all the standards (php version, MySQL version, memory ) specified by Fabrik.

This 'no CSS' appears with just lists and elements - all the other items forms and groups display ok.
You have a site http://eightdayweek.it/fabriktest1 where you have administrator log in details. This site now has a memory limit of 128MB - so you should see the CSS-less data.

I've no idea where to go with this other than to tell clients who use the UK's No. 1 hosting service (Heart Internet) to stick with J2.5 if they want to use Fabrik.

I know it works ok with another host and obviously most Fabrik 3.0 users aren't having this problem otherwise the forum would be full of posts but as it stands J! 3.x users who use Heart will not be able to use Fabrik.

The problem must surely lie in some ISP controlled setting ?

Support at Heart are willing to work further on this but I sense this is difficult without some further clues ! Perhaps you could have another look at the test site I've set up and see if you can spot what the problem might be.

Thanks

The memory limit is now 128Mb
Memory limit is a good hint, but your system information is showing only 24M!! (System Information/Php Information, search for memory_limit)

Sorry - should have checked within J! I had changed php5.ini (I seem to remember changing this file only in 2.5) - which seems to have no effect on the 3.x J! settings. Changing php.ini sets the master value to 128M but the local value is still 24M. How do I change that ?
Thanks.

I've sorted the memory (local) value with a plug-in (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/miscellaneous/development/18298).

And the problem is solved !

Yes all the funnies were simply attributable to memory shortage. I'm ashamed to admit that exactly the same problem happened 2 year ago with J! 2.5 - I thought that increased memory was implemented simply by updating php5.ini. But, even if I was right for 2.5, it certainly doesn't work this way with 3.x.

Thanks for your help on this. I can push ahead with encouraging some 3.x users to develop with Fabrik ! And the UK's number one hosting company is aware what to suggest to future Fabrik enthusiasts who hit problems.

Prerequisites is saying "A PHP memory_limit of 64MB" (I think this is the minimum depending on what you want to do).

I don't know "the UK's number one hosting company" but the reasonable Swiss ones I know are providing at least 128MB on shared hosting as default (24MB is really below all limits).

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back