Creating a web link in list view - Help

dzhang

I created a fabrik form. One of the element on this form is "Describe yourself" This element uses the "textarea" plugin so there's a lot of room to write a brief description on a member. The forms works as intended. I try to list the information collected from the form such as "username", "date submitted", "gender", "age", "describe yourself". All these information list beautifully using Fabrik List feature, but because the "describe yourself" is very long, I want to create a web-link called "click for details" under the "describe yourself" column in list view. If I click on this link, I want it to take me to the information submitted in the describe yourself element. Is there a way to accomplish this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

David

There are different possibilities:

you can exclude "describe yourself" from list view, so it's showing only in details view (setting list's "Links" "Details view link"=YES + "render Buttons"=Inline" will show a "Show Details" icon in every list row)

you can truncate the text area's list view size to x words (full text shown on hover) +set "List view settings"/Link to details=yes

you can add a display element with text ="click for details" and set "List view settings"/Link to details=yes

I used your 1st suggestion and for the most part, it did what I wanted. The only issue is the button created display as an ICON with a "magnifying glass" and "a RED X". If I click on the magnifying glass, it takes me to the details page that I want. The "Red X" deletes the record. I want to replace the magnifying glass with "click for details" text and I don't want to show the Red X where users can delete record with a simple click. Overall, you pretty much resolved my issue except for the 2 issues I mentioned. Thanks again for all of your help.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back