databasejoin element in joined lists prevents form plugin from running

p38

It took me a while to track this bug down, but I finally found out why the following plugin events dont run when using joined lists, it had me stumped for a while......

• End of form Submission (OnAfterProcess)
  • After data is stored (BeforeCalculations).

If a databasejoin element exists in a joined list, the above events dont run.
If I disable the databasejoin element in the joined list, then the events run correctly.

This only occurs if the element exists in the joined list. You can have dbjoin elements in the master list and this works fine.

Anyone else discovered this problem?

Joomla 3.4.1 and latest GIT from today

Paul

I can't replicate this. I have a join torture test form, which has about every variety and permutation of list and element joins, including single and multiselect joins in repeated and non-repeated joined lists, and it runs those events fine. Here's a test of running an onAfterProcess join that fetches the "name" element and displays it in a J! message.

http://screencast.com/t/hTNjee4i

-- hugh

Thanks hugh for looking at this,

To get around the issue in the meantime, I changed the dbjoin element to a dropdown, and used the advanced code to simulate a dbjoin. This works perfectly.

I will make a screencast of my dbjoin setup similar to yours to show the error occuring.

Paul.

Screencast won't really help, it'd just show it happening, and I believe you that it's happening. It's obviously something specific to your setup (not something I've ever seen before, or anyone else has ever reported), and the only way I could work out what's going on would be to get my hands on your server, but I'm too busy atm to do "hands on" in Community support.

-- hugh

Back