Datetime data type column is primary key

avdarie

Hello,

I tried to import a table from a database where the primary key is a datetime column. The problem is that When filling out the form to add new record. The field is not saved and is completed with the default value. The field in the form is filled with value X through the calendar.

I created a test table with id autoincrement, and working properly datetime column. The problem only appears when the field datetime is primary key. I not can modify the database structure to add new primary key.

Do not know if anyone else has encountered this problem. ???

Greetings

Hello,

I've been doing more testing. I saw that when I import a table that its primary key consists of more than one column, just save one. This I have seen in the table jos_fabrik_tables.db_primary_key.

What I have done is to complete the field by hand with the primary key values from my table -> "value 1", "value 2" in the field jos_fabrik_tables.db_primary_key.

Now it seems to work, I keep all the fields correctly in the database. :eek:

Not whether there may be something in the code importing tables where only imports a single value of the primary key.

Regards, :)

We (currently) only support single field primary keys, of type INT. So importing a table which has multiple field PK's won't work very well.

-- hugh

thats pretty much a limitation of Joomla 1.5
Joomla 1.6 will support mutliple keys, so at some point I guess we'll look at supporting mutliple keys when 1.6 is release

Robbbb

Hi,

Thank you very much for the replies.

I was doing more tests and does not work properly when manually add the primary key. Still using only one primary key.

It is a limitation not accept more than one primary key. But the product is easy to use and very comfortable.

It would be a good feature for new versions.

Regards,

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back