Default values based on filter when adding records

I can't duplicate this. With a join element, set as a dropdown filter, the filterValue() is returning the value. Here's a video. I'm filtering on US State, which uses the two letter abbreviation as the value, and a concat of the name as the label.

http://screencast.com/t/lg7zIJD00bv

Can you check your filter settings against mine?

-- hugh

I apologise hugh, I see you are testing in J2.5,

I replied to this thread cause at the time I asked it for F3, but my problem was in fact F3.1 for J3.1

It did not enter my mind to create a new thread to continue discussion for F3.1rc1

I will do a screen cast to show the problem.

Paul.

Any feedback? this is a bit of a showstopper for me as my layout uses this in my workflow?

ok, I see where the confusion might occur, I possibly was not clear enough, sorry about this.

I am using a second list to filter to get a desired row. Altho the "date" element is used to display to the user, I need to grab hold of the "id" of the filtered row, not the "date" label.

I then use this "id" to store in another table, which is used for a database join.

Paul.

Timesheet is the 2nd list.

I need to place the id of the filtered dropdown (not date label) into a another list (timesheetentries).

so after having clicked on all of your listed sites, I presume the site is mygliddingclub.com?
I don't see a list called 'Timesheet' though - I see "daily timesheet" - again I presume that's what you meant?
Then when I open that up I dont see any data and can't filter by date as there is no data listed, perhaps I need to be logged in as a certain user to see this?
Anyway, full instructions would be appreciated, perhaps a quick video - as the steps needed to see the issue seem quiet specific?

-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back