Error: 500 Layout default not found

GaryM

I have a private area on the website I am building that requires a login and password. When someone attempts to access one of the menu items in the secure area without logging in they get a message "You are not authorized to do this action" and the login page would show prompting them to log in. That is all except for one menu option, which used to get that same message until I changed to display only the edit form and not show the list first. In a previous post I ask and received information on how to do this, i.e. create a new menu item with a Menu Item Type of Form and set Options Row id equal to -1 and Key Name equal to the element in which I store the user login name. This works as I had hoped it would accept if someone has not logged in and selects this menu option they get a new screen that says: "500 - Layout default not found" and several lines of text describing what may be wrong - see attached image.

I would much rather have the "You are not authorized to do this action" and the login to show then this other screen, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Is there a solution to getting the "You are not authorized to do this action" message?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

Attachments

• Error-500-Layout default not found.jpg
    Error-500-Layout default not found.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 546
I can't help with the error message (maybe it's grabbing a wrong one) but why do you show those menu items to non-logged in users at all?

You can set the menu item access to "Registered" or you can create an addional "Internal" menu showing only if a user has logged in.

Thanks troester!!!

I didn't think about setting it up so one had to login before they even would see the private menus - it works great!!!

Thanks,

Gary

Great.
I assume you aren't running Fabrik1.0;)
So next time better use the Fabrik3 forum

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back