Fabrik autofill plugin - How to? - Round 2 ^^

So it seems I'm having one last flaw with a new field I've added.

I was attempting to use the community builder email field that is used upon registration for primary email. Yet this does not seem to appear as a field in the php database to pull from. If you have a solution to this, then I'd be happy to hear it, otherwise I run into the next problem here.

My solution to this, which is a tad annoying of a solution, is to create ANOTHER email field, which did show up in the php database. However, when I pulled from it using this code:

"jaig1_comprofiler___cb_email":"quotes_listed___email"

And I save it, when I load the page, it keeps popping up an error box that says "null" and greys out the screen.

I've removed the additional field from the autofill code until this can be solved, everything else seems to work fine.

And another thing, I've updated fields inside my user account via community builder, updated my address, city, state and zip information for my account, yet it's been an entire day and the auto fill is still autofilling the old data and not any of the new information I put into the account.

there is no email field for the community builder table, i believe it uses the standard Joomla user's email?

yet it's been an entire day and the auto fill is still autofilling the old data and not any of the new information I put into the account.
The autofill will only fill in when you load and save the form, its not dynamically joined to the lookup table if that is what you were expecting.

-Rob

there is no email field for the community builder table, i believe it uses the standard Joomla user's email?

The autofill will only fill in when you load and save the form, its not dynamically joined to the lookup table if that is what you were expecting.

-Rob

The data it is pulling from is community builder's current user data. By editing my profile, it has updated the php database, if I look at myphpadmin and look at comprofiler, it shows my account with all of the new information I just put in. Shouldn't the autofill be pulling that new information?

And so I should pull data from Joomla!'s user information for the email? Should I set up a separate autofill plugin for that slot?

I'm trying to create a new list linking to the Joomla user data, which I believe to be jaig1_users

However, when I go to create a new list and click on the data tab, jaig1_users is not an option in the database dropdown table. Am I missing something here?

So I'm looking at the list data, which has the database connection to comprofiler, and the view data, in the list, shows all the old data, it does not show one of the new users we have nor does it show the information I've added.

So this autofill only works if that data is edited directly? Not if the database it is connected to is edited? Seems like it would make sense for the list to regularly update like once a day with new data from the database it is connected to.

If it doesn't work like this, is there a way to make it do this? Or do I have to create a custom registration page and profile edit page through fabrik in order for this to work?

Based on my understanding, I have created a custom registration form, which in turn created a list called Fabrik - user registration with the db table: fabrik_user_registration.

I created a user with this new form, and updated the autofill settings to match it with the settings in the image below.

Yet nothing is autofilling. Any idea if this is a bug or if I'm doing this wrong?

Attachments

• custom setup.png
    custom setup.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 417
Shouldn't the autofill be pulling that new information?
No, the autofill plugin is NOT dynamically linked to the underlying table, it is a one time operation.

If you want to join data, then use the standard Fabrik join features.

Perhaps we should take a massive step back here, what exactly do you need to do?

Haha.

I'm setting this up for a mailing house company. They would have clients create an account with them on their website in order to get a quote. When the client has an account and goes to the get a quote page, I want all of their personal contact information to autofill on load so that all they have to do is fill out the mailing service portion of the quote.

This is why I figured I have to create custom registration and link it to the table, so that each time someone registers, that data is added to the table, and in turn, auto fills when they go to fill out a quote.

I'm setting this up for a mailing house company. .... I want all of their personal contact information to autofill on load so that all they have to do is fill out the mailing service portion of the quote.

Why do you want/need all of the user's data to autofill the form? I would do this with a simple user element which stores the user's id, plus any fields relavant to the quote itself.

That way your quote contains a reference to the user, which I presume is needed for administrative purposes and not for the front end users benefit?
You could then for admin's link the user element to the relavent user views (be that community builder or joomla's user manager)

That way your quote data that the form records only records data about the quote. This is known as normalization and is a common concert for database design - there's a wiki page where I discuss it here
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/design-strategy/#Relationships

The autofill plugin is for when you want to make copies of data based on a look up record. It was done for a client who had a list of bands with their biographies, and they were running gigs where they wanted to fill out the gig information with the basic band bio's but ALSO be able to alter that gig information without altering the base band biography.

Yes a simple link to the user who wrote the quote request in the email would work for administrative purposes. However it only seems to give me the following options to insert for user data:

Name
User Name
Email
and a few others that are irrelevant, but nothing relating the the fields I've created in community builder. How would I go about having the email that is sent to the administrator when a quote is requested link to the user profile or data of the user who requested the quote?

It needs to provide the administrator whom is receiving the email with the contact information of the client requesting the quote, phone number, company, email, etc.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back