Fabrik date element 3.1b don't work

XaRz

Hey,

Are you aware that the date element in github don't displays the calendar?

Version from this same morning (perhaps some js missing?)

regards

Edit: Detailing the bug detected.

PHP Built On Darwin imac-de-pere-castanyer-sarda.local 12.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.2.0: Sat Aug 25 00:48:52 PDT 2012; root:xnu-2050.18.24~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Database Version 5.1.44
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.2
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.0.2 Stable [ Ember ] 08-November-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 12.2.0 Stable [ Neil Armstrong ] 21-September-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.57 Safari/537.17 AlexaToolbar/alxg-3.1

People, There is a place to search the buglist database? I want to report this, but I don't know if it's already done...

Thanks.

Hi still works ok for me

Can you double check that all the files are updated from github?

Can you try with and without joomla debug on? This will load the uncompressed js files which was where the issue was before (the compressed files had not been updated)

Can you point me at the page?

There is a place to search the buglist database?

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues?state=open

Please only report stuff there when you can provide a full test case with an example site etc that we can replicate. (see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/reporting-bugs/ for a list of things we would expect you to check and provide)

Hi Rob,

Can you double check that all the files are updated from github?

Done, all files from 15-02-2013

Can you try with and without joomla debug on? This will load the uncompressed js files which was where the issue was before (the compressed files had not been updated)

If I activate the joomla debug the page return error 500. I'm developing locally with mamp.

Can you point me at the page?

As using mamp, I don't have the web online, but I'll put it online and test online (perhaps the probles is MAMP?) and I will post the results to you.

Thanks and regards.

theres a js error that i fixed this morning, but also it seems the js code that is running to tell fabrik what scripts to load in what order is not the same as I see, which is also causing a different js error.
Can you update from todays github code and see if those two are resolved.
If not pm me an ftp account and admin login and I'll debug what the issue is

Hi rob,

I've updated the local copy from github Fabrik-fabrik-3.1b-75-g8ebec5d.zip and the problem persists.

(I manually extract the zip and then I've done the post update steps)

I've updated correctly the code? The date element code has 06:41 datestamp.

works for me on your site (firefox) - I no longer see the js errors. perhaps you need to clear your browsers cache?

I'm having this issue, even after downloading from Github this morning (3.1b-141).

Not only that, but when I go to save the data after changing the date manually, I get an error. With the Joomla Debug on, here's what I'm getting:

DateTime::__construct() [datetime.--construct]: Failed to parse time string (01-30-2012) at position 0 (0): Unexpected character

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->dispatch() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/index.php:52
2 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/includes/application.php:218
3 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php:339
4 require_once() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php:359
5 JControllerLegacy->execute() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/components/com_fabrik/fabrik.php:166
6 FabrikControllerForm->process() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php:722
7 FabrikFEModelForm->validate() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/components/com_fabrik/controllers/form.php:232
8 PlgFabrik_ElementDate->toDbVal() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/components/com_fabrik/models/form.php:2517
9 PlgFabrik_ElementDate->storeDatabaseFormat() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/plugins/fabrik_element/date/date.php:981
10 PlgFabrik_ElementDate->_indStoreDBFormat() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/plugins/fabrik_element/date/date.php:465
11 JFactory::getDate() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/plugins/fabrik_element/date/date.php:382
12 JDate->__construct() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/libraries/joomla/factory.php:508
13 DateTime->__construct() /home/psrch/paulsrch.info/libraries/joomla/date/date.php:108

If you want, I can send you login credentials.

hi

I logged into the site, in the Assocications list I edited record # 69 and changed the start date from '01-03-2013' to '01-04-2013' and saved with out an error occurring. The date picker also worked fine for me.
This is in firefox.
Anything else I can do to replicate the error?

Hi.

I just updated from github (Fabrik-fabrik-3.1b-202-g54e08e0.zip) and I have this problem.
I also confirmed that Joomla debug on solves the issue.

Hi still works ok for me
...This will load the uncompressed js files which was where the issue was before (the compressed files had not been updated)
My question is: how do I "recompress" the correct files so that I can run without debug mode?

Thanks! ;)

first try clearing your browser cache, as it may be using a previous/old version of the js files.
Then try updating from github - there shouldn't be any discrepancies between the compressed/uncompressed files now.
As to how to compress, its complicated, you would need to have set up all of our build tools and run the ant script we have to compress the files correctly

Hi rob.
Thank you for your reply.
It seems that the version I am using from github is the same as the one available right now (202-g54e08e0.zip). And I did clean the cache. I will download and overwrite the files again.

I can only use the date element if I enable Debug mode, as suggested. That, for now, it's not a problem as I am trying to design the forms so I will be testing as new versions come out.

its definitely working for me - can you post a url to the form? Perhaps there is something that is happening else where in the code that is effect the date picker

Hi rob.

It is fixed in the release 208 that I am using now. When I tried the actual release was 202.
I cannot provide you a link because I am running in localhost in a sandbox...

I am sorry for not reporting earlier.
Thanks ;)

Back