Fabrik Element Googlemap

Vincenzo86

Good afternoon
I'm new in the forum, so I hope I write in the correct way.
I have a Fabrik form that using the googlemap element to save in my database the latitude and longitude of the user.
When the user insert a new record by form the element google map work and save the latitude and longitude of the user.
When from List the user enter again in the record to do some changes the latitude and longitude are not update. The element google map do not work, it work only when insert a new record with the form.
Somebody cam help me?
Thanks

I find this on the site, (attached image), may be is the solution of my problem, but I do not know how to implement in my case.
Somebody can help me, thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-18 alle 20.07.23.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-18 alle 20.07.23.png
    266.3 KB · Views: 11
As the value is correct on new and just not updated on edit: what are your access settings of the element?
upload_2023-12-18_20-51-55.png

The googlemaps element is working fine on edit also in Fabrik popup-forms and in the bootstrap_tabs template.

No matter if you move the marker or edit the lat/lon fields below (if set to show)
upload_2023-12-19_1-23-32.png

So what are your exact element settings, what are you doing, what are you trying to get?
Are you doing anything custom?
For Fabrik's built in popup and tabbed displays, this is handled automatically. But if you are using your own custom ways of putting the form in a popup or a tab

I try to explain better my problem, sorry I'm not very expert.
If I insert a new record the google map element read my position (user position) and save it in the db:
Screenshot 2023-12-19 alle 09.21.47.png

This is the list with all the record:
Screenshot 2023-12-19 alle 09.22.35.png

When I enter in a record to edit and change some field the google map element do not read my correct positions but use the value store in the db:

Screenshot 2023-12-19 alle 09.23.11.png

I do not know where I do wrong, I hope I have explained my problem clearly.
Thanks

Did you set up your Google account correctly? You need a Google API key
As of June 2016, Google require an API key to use google maps, which you can obtain from Google (you need a Google account).
The API key is free (at time of writing: Jan 2020) but you must set up a billing account
Make sure you meet all requireries from https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key#key.
Google Static Maps API + Google Maps JavaScript API must enabled.
If you want to use geocode you must also enable Google Maps Geocoding API.

Once you have your key, enter it in the Fabrik global options, see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/options/.
And as the message says "consult your JavaScript console" which you have in your browser's dev tools.

I have Google API key. The map have error but for me is ok because I only need the User lat and lng. The problem, like I write before, is that if I insert a new record the google map element store in the database the current location of the user. When I edit a record already store the element google map do not work.

If you don't get the map the googlemaps element won't do. You have to fix the error with your Google setup.

As I said: You have to fix the error with your Google setup.
Any JS error coming e.g. from Google responses will break the editing.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back