Form with multiple columns not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mibert

Hi there,

I have updated my test site to Joomla 4 and Fabrik 4 Zeta.
I almost works perfectly for my usage, so thanks for the very good job.

I found one issue:
I have a form which consist of two groups. One group with two colums (40%,40%) and one group with only one column. In Joomla 3 this is working perfectly fine, however, in J4 with F4 the entire form has only one column, no matter, how I configure the group.

I another form, where I only have one group with 2 column, this is working perfectly fine.

Is there anyone, who has similar issues and/or a solution.

That would be great.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Michael

As far as I know you can't use percentage values any longer. Use Grid-Values instead (e.g. 5,5 )
Remark: Tip-texts are not updated except for the English version

Last edited:
That is correct, you will need to use the Bootstrap 12-column grid numbers so 5 would be roughly equivalent to 40%

Hi Wezetel,
Hi achartier,

thanks for your kind advise.
However, that was not the problem. Even with 5,5 it wont work and also if I leave this parameter empty, same result.

I think the problem is somehow the combination between two groups, one with two columns and one with a single column.
All my other multiple columns forms are working fine.

Any other idea?

Best regards

Michael

Hi achartier,

I have sent you the link in a private conversation as I do prefer, not to post it publically.

Best regards

Michael

This is working for me on my site.
Screenshot from 2023-12-12 10-44-55.png

Can you post screen shots of your group layout tabs?

I didn't dive to deep in your sites, but I'm wondering, why your fabrikElementContainers are surounded by <li> and not by <div>- Did you check with another template?

@mibert
Obviously you are running a heavily customized form template (labels-above). The Fabrik group columns are only working out or the box if you are using a Fabrik4 custom template which matches the "usual" Fabrik4 structure. There are a lot of changes between F3 and F4.
F4 (like J!4) is using Bootstrap5 and expecting a J! template which is also running BS5.
(F3 J!3 was BS2).

So you have to rebuild your custom F3 template, best is starting with copy of a Fabrik4 core template (bootstrap or bootstrap_tabs)

Thanks for your kind advise.
I have changed the layout of the form in question to "bootstrap" but in fact no change was notable.
In fact, whatever I change in the form layout, it would not affect the output.
Also whatever I change, there is the following line in my page header:

<link href="https://www.test.dkid.de/components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/labels-above/template_css.php?c=36&amp;amp;rowid=&amp;view=form&amp;rowid=" rel="stylesheet" />

What I found is, whatever I change in the list or form settings, in my j4_fabrik_forms table params field, there is a very long statement which includes "multipage_save":"0","note":"","labels_above":"1","labels_above_details".

Could you kindly let me know, where I can change this setting, if not in the form.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Did you select the "labels-above" template in your Fabrik form menu item?

Set the form template to bootstrap
Set your group columns to Bootstrap grid sizes, looking at your page source you still have 40% instead of 5

Make sure you don't have a (maybe hidden) menu item setting an other form template
Make sure you don't have some old overrides in your J! template
Use a J! template which supports Bootstrap5

Hi Troester,

thanks for your great support.
In fact my menue item contained the layout definition and now I changed it to bootstrap.

Then I also had to change each field layout to "input..." and it worked!!!

Really great, thank you very much.

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year

Best regards

Michael

What I found is, whatever I change in the list or form settings, in my j4_fabrik_forms table params field, there is a very long statement which includes "multipage_save":"0","note":"","labels_above":"1","labels_above_details".
This it totally ok. It's not referring to your custom 'labels-above' template (interesting that you called it this way) but to the label postion parameters (which you can set per form and per group for form and details view)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back