generating automated pdf reports with schedule plug-in

Goldo911

Hello, I've got a tricky - at least for me - question.

I have employees declaring expenses on a monthly basis through ad hoc list with different fields including date, nature of expenses, amount, taxes, and a fileupload to include scans of their receipts etc to testify that expenses are justified.

So far so good, it works. Now the tricky part.

I would like to elaborate a php script that would be called through the schedule plug-in let's say on a monthly basis and do the following:

For each declared employee, gather all expenses declared in the month, and report them in a specific pdf output listing all the list of ad hoc expenses, and append to it all files that were uploaded (including gif, jpg, and pdf...).

What I would like to get is some guidance on how I can do this:

1/ Accessing all the related mysql tables through a genuine php script
2/ Generating a pdf that would get the ad hoc list filtered on employee name and current month and then could even append at the end other pdfs, gifs, jpegs. Will it necessarily be dompdf based, is this possible, where to start ?

Am I dreaming ? I am just asking to know if this sounds feasible and get started. I just want to avoid wasting my time if someone more esperienced tells me leave it, you'll never succeed.

Tx a lot for any help !!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back