How to open a form in a pop up

Hello Achartier. I can replicate the add, edit & detail links within the custom URLs of my Fabrik List settings on the Links tab; but I can't get NoNumber models to work in these settings. I do have the Nonumber modal popup edit form that I'm wanting working within a group intro setting; per the following:
Code:
{modal index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=22&rowid=1}Edit{/modal}
I have no idea how to apply this to the edit button per record from a list. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Not sure you can. The {modal} tag is a content plugin tag, the button is not part of content. You might try creating an article in J!, and attach the link to the article to the button. Include the form & row information in the link. Then in the article use sourcerer to grab the input values and build the modal tag. As long as you have the sourcerer plugin ahead of modals it should work.

That sounds brilliant. I already installed sourcerer; but I haven't used it for anything, yet. Could I trouble you for an example of what the link to the article with the form row info would look like? And a sample of what to put in the article to let sourcerer do it's thing?
Thanks in advance, Achartier.

On third thought I am not sure this is going to work either. What I think you will get is a link to the article which will have a link in it that is a modal popup, and I don't think this is what you want. I will need to think on this some more. If I come up with anything I will let you know.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I'm pretty sure you'd need some JS to kick off a modal.

What puzzles me is why the standard Fabrik modal window works for me on your site in all three major browsers, and on my test sites, but it doesn't work for you. Personally that's the issue I'd be looking at.

-- hugh

Hello Achartier & Hugh.
Yes, Achartier, I tried your suggestion and I then moved on to trying to do this with a hidden menu item. So, far I can obviously make the Nonumber popup appear when I click on the menu item that opens a Fabrik form with the URL to a specific record. I'm just not sure how to pass the rowid placeholder to this menu item and also open the hidden menu item all via a custom URL within the Fabrik list links tab setting. If possible; it also makes me wonder how I would then update the list with the updated record once the Nonumber modal popup closes. This caused me to revisit why I'm having issues with the Fabrik AJAX popup not working for me; but does work for Hugh; per the following thread.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/pop-up-form-detail.42891/page-3
Any suggestions guys?
Thanks in advance.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back