Internet Explorer 8 slow/lag

sales2010

Hello,

I'm using IE8 and i encoutered a serious lag in form view, around 5 seconds for a text field and over 10 seconds for a database join element. Also, the navigation between elements is slow and scrolling from top to bottom stops few times then start again (is not fluid).

The same form run smooth in Chrome/Firefox and almost ok in IE9 (also a small lag here, about 1-2 seconds).

the form contain 1 database join element, 2 cdd + 15 calc elements + 15 text fields + the autofill plugin.

I know that for Fabrik for Joomla 2.5 there was a flexie.js file that lead to errors..i didn't find that file here

Joomla 3.1.1, Intranet, Apache 2, PHP 5.4.7

Thank you

There is a new setting under Options/Javascript to turn the FLXIE off for internet explorer. Saves you having to deal with code.

Paul

I recall Rob mentioning something a while back that they are dropping this in V3.1

Sorry, I was referring to V3.0

Perhaps Rob or Hugh can confirm this?

Paul.

Looking at the 3.1 code, we shouldn't be including flexie.js in J! 3.x. Although I think we probably need to add the 3.0 option to disable it, if we're pitching F3.1 for running on both J! 2.5 and 3.x.

But, if you are running J! 3.x, it shouldn't be included, so this is probably some other issue.

Can you point us at the page?

Note that we can't guarantee to fix IE8 issues. Our policy is to support the current and previous release of major browsers, so we can't spend too much time on IE8, now that IE10 is standard. We'll do our best, but if it turns out to be some major IE backward compat nightmare scenario, we aren't going to spend weeks rewriting things just for IE8 corner cases.

-- hugh

I will try to export the application from our intranet to a test website and let you know..in this way i will test also the export package option :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back