jFusion-XenForo plugin

JamesH

Hi,

Anyway to get in touch with Hugh to test/contribute?

nolinks: fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/xenforo-bridge.35401/

I'm setting up a joomla 3.x / XF site right now and would love to test, at least, thanks!

Also Rob. No dice either. No reply. Perhaps they are on holiday. I don't expect to be given anything, just a reply would be great. Like, "no, you cannot try the jFusion plugin." That would at least allow me to plan for alternative solutions.... guess I should just do that.

Sorry, I get so many conversations, I just can't keep up with them all.

We're having issues with the JFusion plugin, fixing them is top of my priority list at the moment.

The version we run on the site is one which directly modifies the XF database, and has an issue that I've noto been able to track down to do with updating forum permissions. It looks like it does everything correctly, but after any change on the j! side which gives a user more access (going up a level), we have to re-save the user by hand in XF to give them access to the forum for that level. I've so far been unable to track that.

I have a version on my system at home which drives the XF API directly to add / edit users, but the code is very much in "first cut" shape. It kinda works, but needs a lot of work to tidy up.

In both cases, I think the bridge only works with J! as the master.

Which version would you be interested in?

Do you have any coding skills, and be able to help test / improve the code?

-- hugh

Hej Hugh,

No worries bro, I'm able to help as much as possible.

I'm an old fart coder so I figure out whatever I need to get things done. I'll gladly help to the best of my abilities.

I have a site in production I'm willing to guinea pig and fool around as necessary.

Github?

edit: on the question of which version, I'm OK with J! being the master dB, and can start with the version you think is closest to being production capable, however using the xF api seems more future-proof and supportable.

Hi again!

Is there any way to get the ball rolling with this? I could have been testing for days already.... I'd love to help and share!

This is not a great place to post - as people don't look in here very often. Better to use the F3.0 or F3.1 forums - I will move this to F3.1 Community.

Thanks, I didn't want to go off-topic as this isn't really about Fabrik, but whatever gets some attention is fine with me. I have plenty to do right now and actually plan to implement Fabrik in a booking system once I'm done getting my transition to XenForo dialed in.

Sorry to butt in on this, was any progress made? It appears that XF works very nicely here on this site, I'm interested in learning about the Jfusion option and the plugin.

Many thanks

EDIT, I should have added that I'm hoping to be able to get XF working on a J! 3.2.1 installation - over at Jfusion it seems that the answer is no to this at the present time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back