Joomla articles as Fabrik list

JackGoa

Hi,

I'm working on a site that lists various projects people can enquire about. I need the ability to do the following:

- Have a project in a category (this is fine, as it is built-in to Joomla already)
- But, I also need to be able to add projects to a country
- I need to be able to filter by either/and/or country and category
- Would be great to use tags here somewhere too.
So my thinking is, if I can create a list in Fabrik which uses Joomla's content table, then I might just be able to hack it out. Can this be done? If so, then I should be able to create a country table and maybe also use the Joomla categories table as a Fabrik list? Then I can create a page with a filter by country and/or category?

On top of that, it would be great to keep the ability to be able to publish specific modules per project. So, I'm also thinking, menu items maybe instead of articles?

Yes, you can create Fabrik lists using J! tables, and/or have join elements which link to them. Well, tables that have a single unique integer primary key, which #__content and #__categories do.

If you set up a Fabrik list using a J! table, we STRONGLY suggest you set the "Alter existing table" to No in the list's advanced settings, so Fabrik won't attempt to make any changes to the table.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back