Likely Bug : Update column List plugin

sunnyjey

It appears there may be a bug in the "Update column list" plugin. To confirm, please follow these steps:
  1. Add the "Update column" plugin to the list.
  2. In the plugin options, select "Allow user selection" and then choose one of the dropdown fields as an option.
  3. Create a menu for the list (if not already created) and navigate to the URL on the frontend.
  4. Select the "update_col" option to update the column. This should load dropdown options of the selected field with an "Apply" button.
The issue arises when using a filtered menu of the same list. Here's what you can do to replicate the issue:
  1. Create another menu for the same list with a filter using the "date_time" parameter, such as 'This month' (you can use any filter like last month, this year, or today).
  2. Go to the created filtered menu and then select 'Update column'.
  3. You'll notice that the dropdown options for the column are not loaded.
This issue was observed on the latest versions of Joomla and Fabrik, with the Casopia template.

Create another menu for the same list with a filter
I assume you mean a pre-filter in the menu Fabrik options?
I can't replicate.
Do you have JS errors?

What is not loaded: the dropdown to select the element to update? or the dropdown for the values of the selected element?
Do you have a screenshot?

Yes. I mean Pre-filter.

I took more time to investigate and I found some strange issue. Please follow these steps to replicate:
  1. Create a menu for the list (if not already created). Let us name menu as 'Data All'. Navigate to the URL on the frontend.
  2. Select the "update_col" option to update the column. This should load dropdown options of the selected field with an "Apply" button.
The issue arises when using a filtered menu of the same list is placed inside Parent menu. Here's what you can do to replicate the issue:
  1. Create another menu for the same list with a pre-filter using the "date_time" parameter, such as 'Last month'. Let us name this as 'Last Month'
  2. Select Parent Menu of this URL 'Data All' in backend. Screenshot attached.
  3. Go to the created filtered menu in frontend and then select 'Update column'.
  4. You'll notice that the dropdown options for the column are not loaded.
  5. In JS console I get error : POST mydomain/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.elementFilter&format=raw 404 (Not Found)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 10.02.41 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 10.02.41 AM.png
    40 KB · Views: 22
What are your update col settings?
What are the element types and settings (List view settings/Filters) of the element(s) used in the update col?
Is it working if you don't use a child menu item?

What is not loaded: the dropdown to select the element to update? or the dropdown for the values of the selected element?
Do you have a screenshot?

Seems to be a bit a corner case...

What are your update col settings?
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 10.10.13 PM.png

What are the element types and settings (List view settings/Filters) of the element(s) used in the update col?

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 10.10.48 PM.png

Without Child Menu: It loads the value of selected dropdown: Following is screenshot

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 10.11.54 PM.png

Is it working if you don't use a child menu item?

That's the problem. With child menu, dropdown filter value do not load. Below is screenshot:

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 10.12.22 PM.png

This is happening in two different websites on different server. IMO there is some error when list is loaded through the child Menu.

Especially what is "Filter data" set to?
I was expecting this important question. I tried to edit the thread immediately after posting, but received some internal error.

Filter dat is set to Database join in dropdown view. Pls see screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 7.39.17 AM.png

Just usual routine database element setting. Nothing special. It does not matter whatever you keep setting of database element.

Try to replicate at your end, there is definitely bug.

As I said, it's a corner case. And update col user select may have issues depending on your element's "List view settings/Filters" settings.
So if you want help please answer the questions.

Sorry for replying late.

I have database element with element list filter as shown in the screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 10.21.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 10.21.03 PM.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 10
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back