List email plugin

tellsapfel

Hi,

perhaps i?m overlooking something.

When i select several rows and klick on the Mail Button (List Mail Plugin) i?d lake to automatically fill in the "mail to" field with the value of the element {name___email}. I tried it as a placeholder (defined in..), but it does not work.

The other options give me a piclist or a multiselect, but i just want the plugin to use the mail field in the selected row.

please help

thanks
Ben

hi Ben

You should now be able to do that, with the latest code from github

-Rob

thanks, but i don?t get it to work. i?ve attached a screenshot

when opening the mail, i just see the text typed into the "email to" field from the plugin. I also tried return '{appli___email}';

the pick from elements could also be a solution if the email element would be pre selected

thanks
Ben

(i?ve updated from github, cleared the cache, deinstalled and installed again)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 309
when opening the mail, i just see the text typed into the "email to" field
The email to field should not be in the email's content but the person it's sent to. So I'm confused by what you say there.
I have pretty much the same settings and it sends to the various selected emails found in the lists data.
Can you PM me an ftp account, super admin to you site and details of which list you have assigned the plugin to so that I can test please?

thx
Rob

hi,

tried send you the private message several times. But it doesn?t appear in sent mails. Did you get it? update sorry for spamming you, didn?t check "save a copy"

I?ve attached another screenshot here. The screenshot just shows one selected row, but i?d like to be able to select several rows from the list and the "mail to" field automatically fills in the email adresses from the particular row.

Ben

p.s the element name changed from {appli___email} to ...application...

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 308
Basically, the answer is "that's just how it works right now". This plugin is constantly evolving to meet specific needs of our users, and it actually very flexible (but somewhat confusing).

Anyway, we can't do the placeholder replacement in the popup, because at the point the popup is built, we don't have the data for the rows you have selected. So that placeholder replacement only happens after you hit "Send".

From looking at your settings, here's my best guess at what you are trying to achieve:

Send non-merged emails, so each row you select sends it's template to the person specified in the applications_email element. So if you selected 5 rows, it would send 5 emails, to the 5 (potentially) different emails as per the applications_email element.

So, questions:

Do you really need to show the "To" in the popup, and if so, should it be editable?

Would a solution be for us to provide a "Hide To" setting, so the recipient list is not shown on the popup?

-- hugh

hi hugh,

yes, you?re right.

Do you really need to show the "To" in the popup, and if so, should it be editable? no

Would a solution be for us to provide a "Hide To" setting, so the recipient list is not shown on the popup? yes

bug? there seems to be a problem when typing text in the popup editor: "hello mr." will be received as "phellomr.p" and everything is in just one line when you have a longer text. this was tested on the latest chrome. With firefox i get: pspanstylecolorrgb686868font-familyCalibrisans-seriffont-size15pxfont-stylenormalfont-variantnormalfont-weightnormalletter-spacingnormalline-height21pxorphansautotext-alignstarttext-indent0pxtext-transformnonewhite-spacenormalwidowsautoword-spacing0px-webkit-text-size-adjustauto-webkit-text-stroke-width0pxbackground-colorrgb255255255displayinlineimportantfloatnonehallomrspanp

.tried it on 2 different sites with ckeditor and tiny editor. same result. the
same happens when you use the message area in the list plugin itself.

html template works fine.

joomla 2.5.9
latest fabrik
latest browsers

minor things
If not to much to ask: would it be possible to open on a new tab instead a slingbox popup?

choosing the template in the frontend would also be great

thanks
Ben

Hmmm, OK, sounds like an issue with J!'s input filtering. I thought we had that sorted out, with the right filter applied so it permits HTML. I'll check.

-- hugh

Ah, OK ... yeah ... in J! 1.5 and the 2.1 version of the plugin, I had the filtering correct, but when porting the 2.1 improvements forward to J! 2.x and Fabrik 3.x, looks like I didn't get as far as working out how to allow HTML ...

PHP:
		// $$$ hugh - may need to allow html
		$cover_message = $input->get('message', '');

Working on it now ...

-- hugh

OK, try latest github, should fix the HTML filtering, also a couple of issues with features you aren't using (like the 'picklist' Email To option).

Let me know.

-- hugh

great, it works ... almost :)

there are no line breaks. example

"hello mr. name,

we have ...."

looks like

"hello mr. name, we have ...."

Ben

Hmm, OK. Yeah, need to throw a nl2br() in there as well.

The issue is that once you interpret something as HTML, line breaks themselves are irrelevant, only HTML formatting applies, like BR's and P's. But there is a handy-dandy PHP function to turn new lines into BR's.

Should have a fix committed by the time you read this.

-- hugh

thanks it works.

if it isn?t to much trouble, can you tell me how to get the select template to the frontend. (low priority)

Ben

That would need a fair amount of coding, adding a new option, and all the PHP for processing the option, language strings, popup template mods, etc to support providing that as a user selectable option. Probably about an hour, maybe more.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how badly do you want this feature? Where 1 is "meh, I can live without it" and 10 is "My entire life depends upon it".

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back