Multiple parameters by URL not working

Hi again,
I?ve done a update (the file components/com_fabrik/models/listfilter.php ).
Now, when i set the URL filter appears blank page (no error but blank page).

Yes, looks like it. But in general, you shouldn't really "cherry pick" commits. Just re-upload everything. Although in this case it looks like that is probably the only change in the last few hours.

How do you usually apply your github updates?

-- hugh

Hi hugh,

Finally i am only adding the files changes that i need.
i have the 3.0.9 stable of fabrik with only listfilters.php upgraded from github (since this file appears to be the "only" modified for this reason).
Final customer (don?t want fabrik github version), only whe stable version with patchs (so we need only add files changes for things not working for us).
By the way, it seems only listfilters.php was updated for this reason...so should be working?

Thank you!

There's no such thing as "stable version with patches" with "only changes for things not working for us". There is the install ZIP (at the moment, RC2), and there is the current github (in it's entirety). If you just cherry pick individual files from github and apply those to the release, you will end up with a broken install which exhibits errors nobody else sees.

This is because changes in one commit / file may well rely on changes made in another, seemingly unrelated commit. We may change or add a function in file A, then a week later make a change in file B which relies on that change in file A being there.

I don't know if doing a full github update would cure whatever your issue is at the moment, but I can absolutely guarantee that cherry picking will lead to unpredictable, un-solveable problems, and cause us massive support headaches. Which is why we DO NOT SUPPORT cherry picked installs. I cannot tell you how many hours I have wasted over the years trying to replicate errors people are seeing, and being unable to, only to find that they aren't running a full github, and have cherry picked individual files, which caused site specific problems.

-- hugh

Hi hugh,

Thank you for your explanations. By the way, with the full github update you get it working?

If it?s recommended for you, we can try to make a full github update...by the way you have checked the url to ensure that is really working as expected?

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=10&Itemid=111&resetfilters=1&pmuj_recursosmujeres___tema[value][]=Empleo&pmuj_recursosmujeres___tema[value][]=Vivienda&pmuj_recursosmujeres___tema[condition][]=IN&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[value][]=Madrid&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[value][]=Pinto&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[value][]=Ajalvir&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[condition][]=IN

Thank you!

OK, I don't know if Rob's example was incorrect, or the code doesn't work the way he intended ... but the only way I could get that to work was to omit the []'s on the [condition], so try ...

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=10&Itemid=111&resetfilters=1&pmuj_recursosmujeres___tema[value][]=Empleo&pmuj_recursosmujeres___tema[value][]=Vivienda&pmuj_recursosmujeres___tema[condition]=IN&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[value][]=Madrid&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[value][]=Pinto&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[value][]=Ajalvir&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[condition]=IN

Which actually makes more sense to me, as the empty [] on the end of the [value] in our query string syntax has always (as far as I know) meant that those values are part of a range. Like...

&foo[value][]=1&foo[value][]10&foo[condition]=BETWEEN

... has always meant "foo is between 1 and 10". So there are multiple values, henc the trailing [], but only one condition.

Rob? I'm assuming this is how it's supposed to work, otherwise ...

PHP:
if (is_array($value) && $condition != 'BETWEEN' && strtoupper($condition) !== 'IN')
... is going to need some attention, as $condition becomes an array if we have [condition][], and hence blows up on the string comparison.
BTW, we should probably strtoupper() $condition when we assign it.
-- hugh

OK, I spoke to Rob, and he had just used the wrong syntax in his example, and the version I gave in my previous post is correct, and should work - it works for me.

-- hugh

Hi hugh,

We have fully upgraded to github (i?ve downloaded github fabrik-master zip file, replace files and in backend discover...and install), but unfortunately..it seems not working for us....a url like:

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=10&Itemid=111&resetfilters=1&pmuj_recursosmujeres___tema[value][]=Empleo&pmuj_recursosmujeres___tema[value][]=Vivienda&pmuj_recursosmujeres___tema[condition]=IN&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[value][]=Madrid&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[value][]=Pinto&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[value][]=Ajalvir&pmuj_recursosmujeres___municipio[condition]=IN

This return NO values....and of course this should give multiple values....if only exist one "tema" in any of this "municipios" should give results...

Thank you!

the query looks right to me, could you fill in the phpmyadmin details in the my-sites page, so I can run the produced query on the db and see why its not returning records.
Note that using the IN condition means that the search strings are case sensitive - not sure if that's an issue?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back