Oracle Connection in Fabrik 3

rowanwins

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to access some oracle tables using fabrik 3. I see that someone managed to achieve this in fabrik 2 (see thread below)
http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16799

I've tried to implement thisbut when I do the connections page in fabrik has some issues and won't save properly. Would anyone be able to adapt this previous work to get it working in fabrik 3?

Thanks,
Rowan

In f3 we're working on the new J! database model that allows for other types of database, but we still have a way to go in converting all our queries to the new query manager.

-- hugh

That's hard to answer, and kind of depends on demand, and any speed bumps we run in to (I can think of a few cases which are going to be hard to map on to J!'s query builder, like where we allow people to define their own subqueries and query extension in things like the join element). But i'd have to say "months".

-- hugh

Some progress has been made. However, there are still hardcoded queries though, generally because the Joomla drivers are not yet comprehensive in their feature coverage.
None of the team though is actively testing other databases other than mySql, so my advice would be to try and see if it works for you, but only use oracle if you really really have to as certain fabrik features will most like not work.

Hello Rob, Thank you for taking time answering this topic. How could I test this ? I would basically need to query an Oracle database and use Fabrik as a GUI to do so. The Main Joomla Environment is using Mysql as it is needed the only database really supported.

I'm guessing you would need to create a second connection in the Fabrik Connections tab on the backend, and use that to select the table youw ant to use when creating a new Fabrik List.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back