Price quote for this issue

I don't think we can give a fixed price quote on that. I've looked at it, Rob has looked at it, and it isn't an issue with Fabrik, it's with how MCE (and JCE) works, and the way it generates random ID's for the DOM elements it creates on the fly.

It may be possible to work round, but neither Rob nor I can immediately see an obvious way of doing it. Which means we'd just have to start working on it, try out a variety of strategies, and see if we can work round the way way MCE does things. If it was something we could easily fix, and was down to Fabrik itself, it would have been fixed by now.

So all I can do is say it'll take at least a couple of hours, to get an idea of whether it's even fixable. We've already spent an hour or so, without a clear idea. Then it'll either be 5 minutes, or 5 days, to implement and test a fix, I just have absolutely no way of knowing.

I'm sorry, but when integrating the behavior of two other large projects (J! and MCE), sometimes we hit intractable issues.

-- hugh

Hello,

Isn't possible to use an oldest version of MCE/JCE or another visual editor or any other workaround for this issue? In the end, what i need is to let users to edit a html table filled in a textarea available in a repeat group..

You should first test without JCE, with MCE as default editor.
If it works, then either use it like that or, if you prefer to use JCE, try installing an older version.
If it's a MCE issue, you may want to try another editor that does not use MCE (JCE is somewhat an extension of MCE).
Joomlashack has an Helium Editor that you could check out.

Thank you, jfquestiaux, unfurtunately i've tried with 8 different visual editors, same problem, the data are not filled using the autofill plugin for a textarea in a repeat group.

And now i'm confused..:

1. soon as i set the option "WYSIWYG Editor" to "No" for this textarea element, everything work fine even in a repeat group
2. I understand that MCE and JCE changed their code, but i'm having the same problem with 8 different editors, even if i set the editor to "None"

editors.jpg

Hello again,

Rob, Hugh, i urgently need a solution to this issue: https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/1218. As i said in title, i am willing to pay for this bug to be solved, just find a solution asap, it's been too long since i reported this issue and nothing happened.

And, as i wrote above, i've tested several WYSIWYG editors and the problem doesn't seems to be related to TinyMCE, it's a problem for all visual editors used together with Fabrik.

Thank you

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back