Problem when updating / upgrading from fabrik 3.1 to fabrik 3.2

weprde

Hi,

tried to update / upgrade from fabrik 3.1 to fabrik 3.2 for Joomla 3.2 in two ways. First, via github code (3.1.1) and second, from the newly available pkg_fabrik_3.2.zip at fabrikar.com (3.2).

In both ways, although fabrik was updated successfully, I have some errors with Joomla!

1st: When trying to create a new joomla menu item or when trying to view an existing joomla menu item I get a blank screen below the tabs (Details, Layout, Options etc).

2nd: When trying to create a new joomla article or when trying to view an existing joomla article I get the following error" Calendar.setup: Nothing to setup (no fields found). Please check your code". After clicking two "OK" the content of the tabs are not displayed correctly. For example in the tab "Content" the right column Category, Tags are not shown at all. Also, the content of tabs Publishing, Image and Links, Options are null.

Did someone had the same error?

Any ideas?

Thank you.

weprde
After a GitHub update you should not update via Joomla installer. GitHub code is newer (although it's still showing version3.1.1 - this must be fixed) and by installing via Joomla you get a code version mixup.
So update from GitHub again (Joomla3 branch).

Blank page: enable Joomla error reporting to get an error message
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/reporting-bugs/#i-ve-got-a-whitescreen-what-next

Did you clear all Joomla and browser cache after updating?

Both errors don't seem to be Fabrik related at all.

titoftit: which "same" error?

@both: wich Joomla version, system settings (php version, php memory...)

Any other reason not to use J!3.3.3?

I think the description is from J!3.2 times (J!3.3.3 is later than J!3.2, so also 3.2+ ;)).
Maybe this is the issue; there was a Fabrik fix for J!3.3, so maybe Fabrik3.2 is not totally backward compatible to the (outdated) J!3.2.x.

Can you update Joomla and see if this helps? (Clear Joomla and browser cache after updating).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back