Problem with form and groups

sales2010

Hello,

I updated Fabrik to the latest version and i found (i didn't tried before update) that every time i save a existing form, the allocated group is removed from form. The group still exist in Group area, but it's not added to the form.

Thank you

Well I would not say "every time", but I did notice this for quite a while now. I still have not figured out whether it is a random thing or it happens when you edit a particular setting, but it does happen on a regular basis.
Although distressfull at first (on the fron end your form has no fields and in the backend the form is not in the list anymore, you simply have to open the group(s) concerned and select the form they belong to and resave.
Of course, if you don't notice it right away, you may end up with a bunch of unassigned groups.

I can confirm this one as well.

Simply editing a form, changing the template and saving was causing it for me.

EDIT:- I think this is in the main core, i.e it's happening in 3.0 as well.

Any solution here, please?

The problem with saving information seems to apply also to the databasejoin and cdd elements. Every time i saved the element (even without any modification made), the page will display a error message about a column that isn't exist in database.

Unknown column 'contracte_servicii.tarife_serviciu' in 'field list

The strange part about this message is that the error message will point to the table from where data is retrieved, in this case the element is a databasejoin who retrieve info from table "contracte_servicii".
More strange, if i access again the form from the List view, the error disappear..

...i can't add or modify a new plugin,a simple text because the groups are removed from form..can anyone solve this problem?

I tried adding plugins - saving the form, saving the form with no changes, changing things and for about 20 + saves I could not replicate this.
I tried with J debug on and off - still not able to replicate it.
If you pm me an ftp account and super admin login and the form id I'll try to take a look.

i installed Fabrik on a test server using latest github code..same problem here..if you want, i can send you PM with the login data for a Super User account.

Update: it happened again when i press "save" instead of "Save and close"..

Update2: it happened again when i modified the autofill plugin, but this time i press "Save and Close"

Hi, same problem here. Whenever I save a form it disappears. Have to say that you guys have made a great job with fabrik....

if you can PM me access to the site and an ftp account I'll certainly take a look

Cheers
Rob

thanks Guys, I *think* I have found the issue and have fixed it along with adding in some extra error handling to ensure at least one group is always selected when editing an exisiting form.
Could we all update from github and report back please?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back