Problem with Time plugin

hi
Sorry I asked for an ftp account, I think you PM'd me the Joomla login (which I had already :) and hadn't quiet lost).

There's something pretty odd going on, and I need to twiddle with the js code to see why it behaves differently to my set up.

-Rob

Hi Well that was a hard one to track down and even harder to fix:

Here for prosterity is the issue:

When you call up the inline edit interface for the first time, it performs an ajax request to build the form and to populate it with the current records data.

In the ajax request we also limit the form with an 'elementid' variable which states which elements should be loaded.

In your list, you had it ordered by a database join element, 'Tournament Name'.

Due to the limiting of the data the inline edit plugin asks for, that element was not included as part of the select statement (and its corresponding join not attached), resulting in an incorrect query, and thus no data returned to populate the inline edit fields.

After trying several solutions, I think I've come up with the simplest which will have the least impact on the code base. As we only ever select one record for the inline edit, the order by part of the query is irrelevant.
So I've added a test into the form model so that if its being rendered via the inline edit plugin it will create a query without the order by in it. I've updated your site with this fix and it seems to work well; the time element's value in the inline edit plugin is now populated when loaded for the first time.

I've also committed those changes to github

-Rob

Brilliant, working perfectly.

Many thanks, i appreciate your tenacity as a developer to solve the problem, whatever it takes.

Regards

Paul.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back