Re-direct button on DetailView

Everything here tested quite fine when the button was available only to a restricted user. Now I've made the button 'Public' the 'Click' event doesn't even work. What's wrong?? When you login as a restricted user however it works fine but I have set all the access to it as Public, so why isn't working for Public users?

If I am using another form what number do I use for the details? In the example here the snippet
Code:
details_28
Where did you get this figure from?

Okay I understand the 28. It's the number of the form, the first form. No problem. So that leaves just one problem. Why the 'Apply' button is not working for the 'Public' users.

Looks like you didn't fix this issue I pointed out a while ago:

I don't seem to be able to login on the front end (I don't see a login link anywhere), so I can't test this, because the program_course element is only visible for registered.

The program_course element is set to access for "Registered" in details view. So the Javascript on the button can't read it, for public users.

-- hugh

Yes, I have since figured out how to log in, but the important bit is:

The program_course element is set to access for "Registered" in details view. So the Javascript on the button can't read it, for public users.

So what I think is happening is, because program_course is only visible to Registered users, and your button Javascript uses that value to fill in the URL, it won't work for Public users, because that element value is simply not available to Public users.

-- hugh

Humm, that is very strange. Can you do another test and before you do the test click the link
Code:
https://www.caribbeanskills.com/index.php/login
Cause I've done the test and the button doesn't work. Can someone join in?

Ah, it seems that your login page shows me the login form even when I'm logged in.

OK, same issue, with another element, 'academic_ins', where the element's Access was set to "Registered" for "Details View".

Any element you want to access in JavaScript cannot be access protected for the user viewing the form, otherwise it doesn't exist in the formElement[] array, so the code errors out when you try and access it.

-- hugh

Is there anyway at all to hide these elements on the Details view only and still have them available for formElement[] array?

If I hide the element and it's corresponding value using custom css, would the formElement[] array still pick it up? If the custom css doesn't prevent the formElement[] array from grabbing the value then this would be a good solution for me.

Yes, hiding will be OK. It's only a problem with access controls, because that (by design) means that element simply is not available, period.

Depending what element type it is, you can use the Hidden option on the element settings. Or you can put the element(s) in their own group, and set that group to hidden.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back