show form details on filtered list using content plugin

p38

Is there any way I can show a record using the content plugin, from a filtered list?

In other words, my list is filtered, say id = 10

Now I want to show the details of a record whose id = 20?

eg:
Code:
{fabrik view=details id=25 usekey=id rowid=20}

However, because the list is filtered id=10, I dont have any data.

Is there a way to override this filter in the above plugin?

No with the filtered list... however you can have more than 2 lists and/or forms pointing to the same data. So you could have a content plugin pointing to an unfiltered one (or one filtered on other criteria) and still have the original filtered one elsewhere. Also while it does not do any harm, if the filter is on id, you do not need the usekey value in the content plugin string.

Dale

thanks dale, I was hoping to avoid using a clone unfiltered list, as my list has some 80-90 elements,

Oh well, seems like cloning is only way to go.

There is another option - but it is WAY more involved.... IF the content plugin for the non-filtered is coming from a different article OR there is something else specific you could key off of in the source URL (or appended by you to the source URL), you could use HTTP_REFERER or something and pseudo code like:

if HTTP_REFERER = filtered list then filter list
else do not filter list or apply a different filter

... however doing that will require php for sure and likely js ajax calls as well. I am sure you have a valid reason for the need, but it does seem counter intuitive to filter a list and then say you need access to the filtered rows. But just most other things - it "can" be done in a couple of ways, but not for "free"

Dale

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back