[SOLVED] Install problem with Joomla 3.3.3?

austega

I am trying to install Fabrik 3.2 onto a J3.3.3 test site (which has Purity 3 template) and am getting the error message listed below:

I tried installing FAbrik 3.1 with the same error message.

I have installed other components without error and the server file upload limit is 32Mb and memory allocation is 128Mb. Is there something obvious I am missing / should be looking for - or is there a known issue with J3.3.3/Purity 3?
---

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@big-issues.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can you install another extension without error?
Have you tried to install Fabrik from the tmp directory instead?
If you have access to the error log, you may have a better indication of the actual error.

Sorry for the delayed response. Was investigating many different possibilities.

To answer your questions. Yes I was able to install other extensions without error but there was another that initially displayed the same error. The error log did not shed any useful light on the issue to me at least. I did not try to install from the tmp directory but the upload part of the install seemed to go fine.

Eventually I recreated my J3.3.3 test site from scratch with a RocketTheme template (Plethora) rather than the JoomlaArts Purity III that I has been using. I installed Fabrik 3.2 as the first non-template extension and it installed without issue.

So I conclude that the problem was an incompatibility with the Purity III template and probably with its embodiment of Bootstrap 3 rather than the Bootstrap 2 built into the design of Joomla 3.

So I conclude that the problem was an incompatibility with the Purity III template and probably with its embodiment of Bootstrap 3 rather than the Bootstrap 2 built into the design of Joomla 3.

I can't see how Bootstrap can have anything to do with causing an Internal Server Error, since it consists of CSS and JavaScript, none of which runs on the server.

However, I've got the same issue. I'm running Joomla 3.3.3 with the T3 framework and Purity III template and trying to install Fabrik 3.2. The installation runs for a while and then I get a 'This webpage is not available' message in the browser (the URL is domain.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=install).

It seems to have created the Fabrik database tables and installed the component and plugins, but accessing the menu entries in the admin panel just gives an Internal Server Error.

Anyone have any good tips for removing all traces of Fabrik?

Thanks

"I'm running Joomla 3.3.3 with the T3 framework and Purity III template and trying to install Fabrik 3.2"

I've removed it now. Might try Cobalt instead as I don't have the time to mess about getting it to work.
Thanks anyway.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back