timestamp throws error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauer

I changed an element from date to timestamp (set to always update with the latest timestamp) - and now I get this error when the form is saved. (see attachment)

It looks like both the old timestamp and new timestamp are being combined here.

Attachments

• timestamp_error.png
    timestamp_error.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 210
The error shows multiple dates being passed in. Is this timestamp field in a repeat group (which is an important thing to know)? Is there any other information about the element options that we need to know to diagnose this problem?

I can see no reason why you should not use a timestamp field, but then again a hidden date field can do exactly the same job in most cases so I see no particular reason to use a timestamp field either.

The error shows multiple dates being passed in. Is this timestamp field in a repeat group (which is an important thing to know)? Is there any other information about the element options that we need to know to diagnose this problem?

I can see no reason why you should not use a timestamp field, but then again a hidden date field can do exactly the same job in most cases so I see no particular reason to use a timestamp field either.
Yes, it's in a repeat group. Looking at those dates, I now realize they are the current values in the table from each of the 2 repeat groups.

I attached an image of the settings for the timestamp element.

I just realized what I was doing wrong when using the date element - so was able to switch back to using it. I never set the correct server time zone (Location Settings) in Joomla. (Or maybe that got reset to UTC after the last Joomla update?)

It looks like the timestamp element doesn't rely on that Joomla setting - but rather the time from the mysql database server to determine whether to use the UTC or 'Local time" timestamp - correct? Because the timestamp element was giving me the correct 'Local Time' - even with the Joomla server setting set to UTC.

Attachments

• last_edit.png
    last_edit.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 212
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back