Update column results in Unknown column 'Array' with SQL lookup field

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
I'm trying to use the Update Column option to change the values in a column that is a databasejoin element type and I get this error:

1054 Unknown column 'Array' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE bmr_bmrsong_songs SET bmr_bmrsong_songs.airplaystatus = Array WHERE `bmr_bmrsong_songs`.`id` IN (1886)

This is just a single select element so I'm not sure why the 'Array' is getting used.

The pop-up box that allows me to select the proper element for this change seems to work fine (it displays the display data).

The update column seems to work in other elements without a problem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and now of a work-around?

I can't replicate.
Which exact Fabrik and Joomla version?
Is this with every dbjoin element or only this one?
Setting of your dbjoin (standard, multiselect...)?
DBjoin in repeated/joined group?
Settings of update_col plugin?

troester,

Sorry for not providing that info (I know better than to not give the details).

Fabrik: 3.2
Joomla: 3.3.3
Happening with all dbjoin elements with this one table (well, I tested and is happening on 3 different ones within the same table, with similar error - SET <table>.<element> = Array) - but appears to only be happening with this one table, and only when I have it set to allow user selection:yes
Setting of dbjoin - standard
DBjoin in repeated/joined group - it's not in a repeated group, but it is in a seperate group (I have groups for various elements to display them on individual tabs in the form view)
Setting of update_col plugin - Access:public; Allow user selection: yes

Based on the fact that this only appears to be a problem with the one table, I'm guessing that it is a problem with the table.
I've tried a few different things, but I can't determine what the issue might be.

Oh, right, the option on update_col itself. OK, I'll see if I can replicate this.

Also looking at that github issue again, see if I have any brilliant ideas or can spot the problem, having taken some time away from it. I spent about 10 straight hours trying to resolve that last time round.

-- hugh

I don't seem to be able to replicate this issue. I can use the "user select" popup method, on a single row or multiple rows, updating either a single join element or more than one, with no problems.

Are you sure none of the joins you are using are set to "multi select" types (like checkbox)?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back