Using slider in repeat group freezes form on Add

Bauer

If you are using a slider element in a repeat group the form will freeze when you add a new (2nd or more) group.

Saving the form will save the added group(s) - but you cannot add and edit those added groups in the same step.

If I switched those slider elements to standard 'field' elements, it works as expected.

Also, see attachment and note how the 'Add group' tooltip is never cleared. (This is happening in any forms I have with repeat groups - and maybe it is related to the issue?)

Attachments

• addgroup.png
    addgroup.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 155
Instead the slider (at least temporarily, until it will be fixed) I can suggest radiobutton element with "Button group" option enabled. I did so in one test application where user has to give points from 0 to 10. You just have to enter all possible values as options in backend (11 in my case). The line of buttons in frontend form view looks even better and clearer than the slider and is more stable.

Yup, that should fix sliders in repeat groups. The original code just didn't have the code required to make an element which instantiates some kind of external JavaScript object (in this case the Mootools slide FX object) repeatable. It needs a cloned() method, which destroys the slider object (or whatever) in the copy of the Fabrik element object, and recreates it.

Let me know if you find any other issues. The slider code had suffered a little from bitrot, and it may need a little love in some other places.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back