Recent content by arnor@icetips.com

1. A

List - OnBuildQueryWhere called multiple times

Hi Troester, I turned all the elements to "Recorded Data" One that caused "element filterValueList_Exact:" to show in the debug was a field that is NOT included in the list. It is published though. I modified it and it disappeared from the SQL queries. Now I'm only left with one, a...
  2. A

Hi Troester, Thank you for responding. I think they were all set to "Show All" I have just now changed them to "Recorded Data" but I also figured out a way around this by using one PHP Event plugin for the query building and another using the OnLoad to handle the rest. Works great, but it...
  3. A

Hi guys, I have a list where I use OnBuildQueryWhere with no problem at all. Now I'm adding it to another list and what's happening is that the event fires multiple times as the list loads. When I use &fabrikdebug=1 it seems to repeat the calls to the query for each dropdown filter: The...
  4. A

Link in group intro

Hi Troester, I wasn't that far into it! YES, it DOES work!!! Very COOL! Best regards, Arnor
  5. A

Link in group intro

Hi guys, In a group intro, is it possible to construct a link that has the row ID in it? Something like: index.php?option=com_mycomponent&view=myview&rowid={rowid} or something like that, where {rowid} was the ID of the row being loaded into the form? I can do it with jQuery no problem...
  6. A

Sort order override

Hi Troester, Thanks for responding :) I need to go back and do some better checking as it's working now. The "Single Ordering" is enabled and when I tried to sort this column on my dev machine it worked. So something else is going on - sorry. Best regards, Arnor
  7. A

Sort order override

Hi guys, I have a list that has default sort order on 4 elements, i.e. the "Order By" on the "Data" tab for the list properties. This works fine. I also have header sorting turned on so users can click on other headers to sort. But when they do that, the default sorting is still active, so...
  8. A

Conditionally hide or disable a JS plugin button in list

Hi guys, I have a Fabrik list with two JavaScript plugins which show as two buttons. On some rows I would like to be able to either hide or preferably disable one of the buttons based on if a certain field is blank or not. Any way to accomplish that? Best regards,
  9. A

Using OnBuildQueryWhere

Hi guys, Never mind, found it. I don't know where I found that setQueryWhere[] but the correct syntax is (as the tooltip on OnBuildQueryWhere states!) $model->setPluginQueryWhere('MyUniqueIdenitifer',"Your Where clause here"); I am curious though exactly how unique the "MyUniqueIdentifier"...
  10. A

Using OnBuildQueryWhere

Hi all, Some time ago I got information on how to use the OnBuildQueryWhere PHP Event to build a dynamic filter. I was able to get it to work, but had to leave it for another more urgent project. Just getting back to it and now I can't figure out how I did it<g> Using...
  11. A

Apply LIMIT to a query

Hi Troester, So on an unfiltered list the query would basically translate to SELECT * FROM #__mytable and if the table has 100,000 rows, only 20 rows would be fetched if the list is set to show 20 rows. Am I understanding this correctly? When I look at the query submitted by Fabrik (with...
  12. A

Apply LIMIT to a query

Hi juuser, Already using prefilters all over. I need to simply set a hard coded maximum for this particular list. I just need to implement a LIMIT clause. I'm already constructing the WHERE clause using PHP, but the table for this particular list can have up to say a hundred thousand rows...
  13. A

Apply LIMIT to a query

Hi all, Is it possible to apply mySQL LIMIT to a list? We have a user query situation which might return too many rows to be practical so to limit traffic we'd like to set a limit to say 500 or 1000 rows. I've figured out with help from the forum, how I can construct the WHERE clause, but I...
  14. A

Configure how many rows per page

Hi Troester, Sorry for the very late reply on this! Thank you so much for the suggestion! I think that will do what I need!
  15. A

Applying dynamic WHERE to list

Hi, Awesome! Been using Fabrik for 3 years and I guess I never scrolled down far enough! <g>
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back