Recent content by BasilC

1. B

A better error message when forgetting to select a file when importing from csv?

Actually, I think a better option would be for the Continue button to be come available only after a file has been selected.
  2. B

A better error message when forgetting to select a file when importing from csv?

Would it be possible to add an error message along the lines of "Please select a file" or "You have not selected a file" when importing from CSV but forgetting to select a file. The error message that currently appears reads "An error has occurred. 0 Import Failed! Invalid file format (). Valid...
  3. B

Fabrik 4.0 Official is here

A magnificent achievement, can't thank you all enough. Just a pity that Henk didn't live to see version 4.0.
  4. B

J5 F4 com_search

Thanks, that's good news. I have com_search working with Fabrik in J4, just wish I could get com_search to work with Kunena.
  5. B

Any chance of updating the Inline Edit plugin for J4?

First of all, a huge thankyou to the brilliant team that have got Fabrik working so well on J4. I have a website that completely depends on Fabrik for much of its functionality and before you all set to work was thinking I might just abandon it, but you all came to the rescue. One little...
  6. B

Can't create a radiobutton element

I've come across this too. A workround that worked for me was to first create the element as a Field, save it and then change it to a radiobutton. (Obviously not a proper fix.)
  7. B

Problem with conditional validation

Thanks troester. The root of the problem seems to be the complicated history of this particular list. There are several lists - some now no longer used - that use the same table and over the years parent/child relationships between some elements have clearly got very confused, including the...
  8. B

Problem with conditional validation

Joomla 4.3 Fabrik 4.0Gamma3 PHP8.1 running on XAMPP Copy of a J3/Fabrik3.1 website I have an IsNot validation which is supposed to run only under certain conditions. This worked fine on J3, but I can't get it to work on J4. The validation checks the value of Yes/No element...
  9. B

Atum template override added by Fabrik is preventing saving settings in Latest News Enhanced

Thanks, I've amended the file and LNE settings now save. I hadn't made the connection with that earlier issue. No error messages or debug information were triggered, just a javascript error in the browser console relating to joomla-field-media.js line 171.
  10. B

Atum template override added by Fabrik is preventing saving settings in Latest News Enhanced

After installing Latest News Enhanced on my J4 development website I was unable to save any parameters. The LNE developer Olivier Buisard has tracked down the problem to an Atum override added by Fabrik: administrator/templates/atum/html/layouts/joomla/edit/params.php He says that with the...
  11. B

Duplicating a date field

Thanks, that works (after I inserted the missing single quote).
  12. B

Duplicating a date field

Thanks, exactly right. I didn't think about JS because I know absolutely nothing about it. I must have copied it from somewhere, or perhaps got it from someone on this forum (you perhaps) The code is $('tbl_events___eventenddate_cal').value = $('tbl_events___eventdate_cal').getValue(); but it...
  13. B

Duplicating a date field

Developing J4 version of a J3 website on XAMPP. J4.2.8 Fabrik 4gamma2 PHP8.1 On J3 I have an events database with a field for the starting date and a field for the end date, both using the old date element. Most events are on a single day, so very conveniently after selecting a date in the...
  14. B

Question on Search

Deutsch ist eine unsmartsearchkompatible Sprache?
  15. B

Question on Search

I'd very much like to have the Fabrik search plugin working with com_search on J4. I have searching of content and Acymail email archive working well. The Fabrik plugin came across from J3 but when enabled creates an error that I have no idea how to fix. I don't like Smart Search much and can't...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back