J5 F4 com_search

wezetel

Just for information: it is important for me, that Fabrik content is searchable through Joomlas search, as a lot of content is in Fabrik-Lists.
According the official Joomla 5 Upgrade instructions it is recommended to uninstall all com-search related extensions/modules/plugins.
I did a quick test on a test site: I didn't uninstall com-search related items, just disabled them and did the J5 upgrade. Afterwards I enabled the stuff again and IT WORKS (at least with my quick test).

So it seems the solution I mentioned here https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/question-on-search.53721/ (without the need of route.php) still works.

Thanks, that's good news. I have com_search working with Fabrik in J4, just wish I could get com_search to work with Kunena.

Nonetheless: at some some point in time we need someone, who is able to code a joomla finder plugin :-(

I think this will get pretty complex.
Indexing is done in the backend over all existing data at some arbitrary time.

So you'll have to check at the time a user is searching if he is allowed to see (autocomplete, do your mean....) an expression at all, if theFabrik element the indexed expression is coming from is accessible, if the record is accessible etc.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back