Recent content by LeslieBrown

1. L

Minor typo

When you copy one or more elements, the heading (from com_fabrik.ini)reads "Which groups to you want to copy the elements to?" ...and a Happy New Year Do You All. A serious question, as well. I don't think you guys get enough credit for the fantastic job you do -- without your...
  2. L

Why Ajax can hang navigating list embedded in form intro...

Just an afterthought. The list had no groupings specified whatsoever, which might be the explanation of why $model->groupTemplates was an empty array. Perhaps in this case it ought to contain an empty element with index 0?
  3. L

Thanks, not only for the move but also for your suggestion of using a list placeholder in the form intro in the thread I quoted above. (In my final version of the site, I'll probably put the list placeholder in the form outro and float the details view to the right so that the details view comes...
  4. L

Ooops, you're right. In fact, I never even noticed the 2/3 divide... Is there a way to move it to the right one?
  5. L

I wasn't sure whether it was worth reporting this as it's probably a bit of a corner case. However, I then realised that it might have wider implications (see end of this post). Also, as it took me a long time to work out what was going wrong, I thought I could at least save somebody else the...
  6. L

Multiple views of same data: a best-kept secret

Incidentally, does the /components/con_fabrik/views/details folder do anything? I'm investigating the best way to make a very specific details view and while the folder exists I can't see anything that uses it...
  7. L

Multiple views of same data: a best-kept secret

Whenever I come back to Fabrik after a long lay-off, like now, I always forget one of its (to me) strongest features: how easy it is to provide multiple different views of the same data. Now that I've remembered... I'm talking about the ability (in Joomla) to assign multiple menu items to the...
  8. L

runPhp and multi-page forms

Anomaly appending data with Redirect plugin Following up my previous idea, I discovered what I suspect is a bug in the redirect plugin. My form includes a file upload element drafts___up that stores data as /drafts/file1.ext (say) (Testing on Windows), if I add &draft={drafts___draft_def}...
  9. L

Hugh, I'm happier with php than JavaScript, but I can get by... However, I think I've seen an easier way, which is also more consistent with the underlying logic. Form 1 just loads (and "validates") the file, if it's OK, it redirects to form 2, which does the rest of the work, pulling the...
  10. L

Has anybody documented what happens when you add a php plug-in to a multi-page form. In particular: Is the plug-in run on pass 1, pass 2, ... or only on the last pass If it does run on each pass, what's the best (standard?) way to pass information from pass 1 to pass 2,... I can probably work...
  11. L

I use Akeeba to move Joomla + Fabrik + database.

I use Akeeba to move Joomla + Fabrik + database.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back