Multiple views of same data: a best-kept secret

LeslieBrown

Whenever I come back to Fabrik after a long lay-off, like now, I always forget one of its (to me) strongest features: how easy it is to provide multiple different views of the same data. Now that I've remembered...

I'm talking about the ability (in Joomla) to assign multiple menu items to the same Fabrik list, form, or detail view and associate a different Fabrik template with each menu item. Maybe this deserves its own page in the wiki and the revamped V3 manual?

Incidentally, does the /components/con_fabrik/views/details folder do anything? I'm investigating the best way to make a very specific details view and while the folder exists I can't see anything that uses it...

No, that's currently not used. I think we were playing around with the idea of separating out details and form templates at some point, either that or there's something in the guts of J! that wants a default.xml for each possible view=foo, I forget. Either way, nope ... details templates are the same as form templates, you just assign them to the details view in the form settings.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back