Recent content by mrnorx

1. M

PHP plugin syntax

I was right about the form data being a database join and causing issues. I've now got a php script which gives out the points to participants in my game. Its probably the hardest part Ive had to do so pleased its working and i can move on to the next stage. Full working code below $ht =...
  2. M

PHP plugin syntax

Ive found the reference to accessing join data on the wiki so I think I have solved this and will update the thread shortly
  3. M

PHP plugin syntax

Thanks for the links. I have rewritten my code, it works until I introduce a WHERE statement and then I get an Error '1054 Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause'' I have been rewriting that line for several hours, reading the pages above and other resources on the internet. I know $ht is OK...
  4. M

PHP plugin syntax

Im writing a PHP plugin script to update another table when a form is submitted. In the code below, the joinright is returning the full left list and not the filtered list. I dont think my code is correct. Can some one tell me how to correctly right the joinright query in Fabrik. The SQL query...
  5. M

hide form if use already submitted

@lousyfool Thank you for the fast response, Ive tried it and it works as it should. I will study this code so I can gain a better understanding of php/sql queries. As a side note, the aim is to have user ID as unique in that table but my screenshot is of the table when I was testing this...
  6. M

hide form if use already submitted

Hi, Im trying to hide my form on the front end if the user has already submitted a record. The form writes to a table 'predictions' and it stores the user id in column 'user' The code I am using is if (!$formModel->isNewRecord()) { $db = JFactory::getDbo(); $query = $db->getQuery(true)...
  7. M

multiple joins

After another couple of hours I have autofill working to populate the new hbadge and abadge fields. I was hoping to use a left join in the list settings which I can get working with the home team but I cant have 2 joins for home_team and away_team, this would save editing the 380 rows I have...
  8. M

multiple joins

Thanks @troester I've been trying the various options all morning but have decided against having this function after many many error 500s. I have a lot of learning to do.
  9. M

multiple joins

Sorry, I do have PK for each of these tables I just didnt mention them above, as I was only querying joining the names. The primary key for the clubs is ClubID and for fixtures its FixturesID. The club and team are the same thing. For example, I have arsenal and Chelsea listed in club_name in...
  10. M

multiple joins

Hi, I'm an amateur trying to learn Fabrik, so please forgive me if my questions seem basic. My current scenario is that I have 2 tables: Table 1 is called clubs and has club_name and club_badge as its 2 columns. Table 2 is called fixtures and has home_team and away_team as its columns. I...
  11. M

Last man standing component

Hi, I'm looking to create a last man standing game based on a football league, I think this would be possible with Fabrik although I am a novice so it would be steep learning curve. The requirements for the game are below and I would appreciate peoples thoughts and ideas if this would be...
  12. M

[SOLVED] Error 500 Layout default not found with PDF button?

OK, It must have just been a bug int the form I created as I deleted and recreated a new form in the identical manner and it works fine when emailing with a bootstrap template. Thanks for your help with this.
  13. M

Thank you Hugh, that fixed the errors in my logs but I still get an error 500: Error Layout default not found. when I submit a form attaching an pdf to the email. :(
  14. M

Hi Troester, Ive been trying to figure out why my email is not attaching the PDF and Ive found this in my joomla error logs. I think this may be causing the issue but when I check the files they are both there, do I need to change the file permissions or something? [21-Mar-2017 20:21:32...
  15. M

I had RSfirewall installed but I've now uninstalled it but still no joy. I can use the PDF button in list and details view from front end when logged in as super user but the form still brings up an error 500 with default layout not found. The list access settings are all set to public apart...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back