Last man standing component

mrnorx

Hi,

I'm looking to create a last man standing game based on a football league, I think this would be possible with Fabrik although I am a novice so it would be steep learning curve. The requirements for the game are below and I would appreciate peoples thoughts and ideas if this would be possible and if so any tips.

There is a league of football teams, around 20 in total.

Each Saturday there are list of fixtures between the various teams.

Every week each participant in the game (registered Joomla user) picks one team they think will win their fixture. If their pick wins they go through to next week, if their pick loses they are out.

They pay 1 pound each week to pick a team (paypal?) . The money goes into a pot.

The participant is unable pick the same team twice.

As the weeks go on, the participants get fewer until there is one participant left and they win the pot of money.

The game is then reset and it starts again.

I would like to be able to display a list of participants, their choice for this week and their past choices in separate modules.

I would also like to send email reminders for people who have not picked this week.

So Im thinking table of teams, table of fixtures and table of guesses joined to joomla user table.

This seems fairly straight forward to me but as I said before I am no expert. Thank you for taking the time to read this and any response is appreciated.

I would say that it can definitely be done with Fabrik and roughly the way you described it, but it would require a fair amount of time and Fabrik out-of-the-box features would probably not be enough. So some PHP and maybe Javascripts skills would come handy to take advantage of different list and form (php) plugins.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back