Tooltips run out of frame and won't close in list tables & forms

Dja

>When I click on a link in a list table (field element with clickable URL, it creates a bootstrap style tooltip on the item that won?t close ? even when others are generated. Data also flows out of the tooltip frame and overlays on table data.

>>Could you post a link to the page exhibiting this behavior please?

Same issue in form detail view for a record . Screenshots attached. Site is and login details are listed in my profile info. Most likely related to issues with RT template o_O

All lists exhibit the behavior. Here's an example. Just click on a few pdf icons.

* I just noticed that pdf link from form details view doesn't work there (wrong URL generated), but likely an element config issue on my part. If not, will create a new thread.

5 - tooltip bug.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 10.59.48 AM.png

Same question as in your other thread: did you try with Protostar Joomla template?

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Just FYI, Troester can't see the "My Sites" info, only Rob and I can, although we are discussing that policy internally at the moment.

I tried on the backend, and I'm seeing slightly different behavior. But I can't seem to load the front end, I just get a "down for maintenance" message.

The tooltip is popping up because you have "Icon hover text" set to Yes, under the List View Settings -> Icons. I've turned that off for now.

However, this seems to have created some kind of weird issue, probably to do with the "Guess link type" on the element, and in detail view the URL is now kinda messed up.

I'll set up some tests here, and see if I can clean that code up.

- hugh

Hmmm, I don't seem to be able to replicate the URL corruption I'm seeing on your detail view. Here's a Jing screencast of my settings (and the underlying value of the field i'm testing with in the MySQL table, which is just a straight up http URI), and of the list and detail view.

http://screencast.com/t/3vrto1pn

I'm using 'raindrops' instead of a PDF icon (as I'm working on a vanilla install, so that's just a simple things I can test with), and my test data URL points to a standard J! logo.

Not entirely sure what's happening with that URL of yours ...

-- hugh

Hugh, just a thought - the sceen shots show a PDF icon, did you test with a pdf file rather than an image?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back