automatically "unpublish" or toggle columns, based on entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

susannanam

hello all :)

i have a list with many columns. some columns have only a header line and the rest is null entries. the null-entry-columns depend on the query, it is not always the same ones! i would like to check the values in the columns and automatically hide those columns from the list. is that somehow possible?

thanks
susanne

Can you point me at the list in question, and give me some examples of what value(s), in which row/column(s), needs to control the display of which columns?

You could go about this in two ways - either with a custom template, and do it in the PHP where we build the list display (so the columns you don't want never get rendered to the page), or with some custom JS which runs as the page loads, and applies CSS styling to hide the unwanted columns.

I'd need to see the list, and get a better understanding of how many permutations of "control" elements there are with "controlled" columns, in order to advise you on the best approach.

-- hugh

Yeah, I didn't realize you want to actually replace the headers with that first row of data. Hmmmm. That'll take a little more thought and some re-structuring of your custom template. I'll try and get to it today.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back