List field that close edit function - front end

Martooti

Hi,
I would like to make something like montly reports that can be edited until the member user close them from front end with close the month button. And if he want to change something in closed month report member user need to contact admin that admin - from front end- open the month again. Is it possible?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
Marti

You can add some sort of status element (e.g. radio or yes/no) and then add the canEditRow list plugin (download or from GitHub) to examine this element.

I am trying to use this and it seems like perfect solution, but I get lost.
I make a unique table for "closing" the edition. The data are specified for different properties in different time (year and month columns). I add a yes/no column - close month. The point is that after user1 change the close month status for property1 - May - 2014 - user2 should not be able to edit the rows in other tables that have values in the three columns property1 - May - 2014.
I do not have an idea how to put this element close month to all other tables that it will be connected exactly with the value I need. I mean the year, the month and the property name. Any suggestions?

I'm moving this thread to pro forum.
But I don't get your setup.
In general you can use the "Advanced" tab in canEditRow plugin and add php code to evaluate a condition depending on any elements in the current list + any data in other tables.

So is this the logic you are looking for?
if (combination " property1 - May - 2014" exists in closing table and status is closed) then return false

I ment that I have this close month option in one table with date and property name. One column date, other column yes/no field for close/open month, and another dropdown property name. And I need to use this field - closed/open month- in other tables. So I have to connect them that in the other table it will got by itself data for the same date and property. I do not want that it will show as dropdown or radio button but it will be generated automaticaly.
I am not a web developer so if you would be so kind please make yourself very clear.
Thank you

OK, from reading the threads you have open at the moment, it's clear that if we are going to be able to help you, you will need to give us a full overview of the application you are trying to develop, with the main requirements and work flow you need. It seems like a relatively complex application, and as you say, you aren't a developer ... so if we are going to help you develop it, we really need a clear understanding of the overall project specification.

When you say "and another dropdown property name", is that literally a dropdown element, or a database join element to a properties" table?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back