Multiple forms per company (in list view)

Joomill

I'm refering to my previous post: forums/index.php?threads/is-this-possible.40697

I have created a list of companies which looks like:
company-now.jpg
Each company needs to fill 3 forms, so i would like to show it like:
company-wish.jpg

When company A clicks on Form 1, it needs to open Form 1 for Company A, he needs to fill, save and re-open with his filled data.

It should be straight forward, i have read documentation, watched tutorials and tried joining, but i didn't manage to create it.

Can you help me with this?
THNX in advance!

Apologies for not responding earlier after your Skype, I fell asleep while writing this. Been a long day or two working on the 3.3 release.

I think the best way to approach this would be to make those form1, form2, form3 elements be joins to the appropriate list/form. Then use the "Custom link" option (under List Settings for the element) to build that in to a link to the form, with something like ...

Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=X&rowid={thistable___form1}

... where X is the numeric ID of the target form (the ID in the left most column when you view your main list of Forms in the backend), and thistable___form1 being the full element name of the element this link is on.

What you'd then have to do would be pre-create each of the three forms for the three companies, then edit each of the three rows in that second pic you showed, and select the appropriate form for the appropriate company.

Set the access controls on the list for that second pic so nobody but admins has anything but read access, to get rid of the action buttons (view, edit, etc).

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the answer.

* What you'd then have to do would be pre-create each of the three forms for the three companies
This wouldn't be a problem when there are only 3 companies.
In fact this project involves more than 500 companies and they would't be created on the same time (between April 2015 and April 2016)
So pre-creating isn't what we are looking for.

In which case, a little form submission plugin on the three forms, which update the appropriate row / 'formX' field in your 'landing page' table when the form is submitted.

You'd also want a hidden field on the three forms, for "company_id", which you pre-fill by adding &tableX___company_id={thistable___company_id} to the details URL. This asusmes yu have a separate table for 'companies', unless what Im referring to as the "landing page" table is you 'companies' table, in which case it'd be {rowid} instead of {thistable___company_id}.

So ... let me know if you have a separate 'companies' table, or if that landing page view (the second image) is your companies table.

-- hugh

So does each company just have one user? And your companies table has a 'user' element on it (or at least a field for storing the J! user id)?

Or are your companies defined by group membership, and have multiple users?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back