Implementing 'chosen' features in fabrik?

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
I just downloaded the new release and see that we now have the ability to use 'chosen' features for CDD items.

However, I'm not quite sure how (or where) to implement those features.

I didn't see anything in the WIKI, and searching the forum didn't turn up anything either.

Anyone know where (if) this was actually discussed in a previous forum thread (maybe when it was being suggested)? [I can often figure things out from those types of discussions.]
OR can someone give even some basic tips on where to get started to use this?

fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/3-3-and-chosen-cdd-option.40762
You have to enable it in Fabrik Options (not sure if the general "Yes" is already implemented, try with "per element")
and then enable the new option in dbjoin or CDD

Just curious ... do we want to 'document' things like this (i.e. WIP features) in the WIKI pages?
(if so, I'll add this).

IDEA - maybe we should have a "WIP" section at the bottom of the wiki page for things like this.
What do you think?

Sounds like a good idea.

I'm hoping to get some more time this week to work on the Chosen stuff. Main issue right now is getting the jQuery events fired by Chosen to trigger the MooTools events we use in things like CDD's. Which is why currently CDD's can't "observe" a join/dropdown which has the Chosen setting enabled. Chosen works by hiding the native SELECT, replacing it in the DOM with the Chosen UI, then firing off change event on the (hidden) SELECT. But those are jQuery events, which won't trigger Mootools ones. So our CDD never gets the 'change' event from the watched element.

This is one of the reasons we've kind of kept the Chosen stuff on the down low. We wanted to get it into the code, so folk who want to play with it can do so, and give us feedback on what works and what doesn't. But we don't want too many people complaining it doesn't work right!

I've got a couple of ideas on how to resolve this, but need some time to play around.

-- hugh

Just FYI, another WIP feature is the HTML5 stuff on the upload element, which will display images as you select them for upload. Which has some issues, like if you delete the existing selection.

And both features have yet to be implemented properly in repeat groups.

So if you want to start a WIP page and document this kind of stuff ... that'd be great.

-- hugh

I think it would be good to have a dedicated section on each appropriate WIKI for WIP features.
Like for me, the limitations on the CDD don't effect where I want to use them, because I'm just using it for a single select item (no integrations with others).
I also agree that having a dedicated WIP page would be good for those that have the time just to test (for pure testing purposes) and want to know the status of the latest WIP items.

I'll try to get something posted this week.

Anyone got any ideas on a javascript code to count the number of options selected whilst rendering a databasejoin as a chosen multiselect dropdown?

I did have it rendered as a checkbox and the following code worked:

Code:
var numChecked = this._getSubElements().filter(function (c) {return c.value !== "0" ? c.checked : false}).length;
Fabrik.getBlock("form_1").elements.get("jos_data___options_Count").update(numChecked) ;

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back