List filter in joomla module

Martooti

Is it possible to put list filters in joomla module that will filter the list that is in component position?
I have a website template with sidebar. I would like to add to this sidebar filter that will filter the fabrik list that is in the main website container. So it look like fabrik list should be load normally from menu item in the component position, and filters for this list should be load in the module position in sidebar.
I tried to add a farik list module with filters in the sidebar and than do not show any rows there with hope that if I will filter data there it would also filter data in the list, since it is the same list. But is didn't work this way.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Nope.

We actually go to great lengths to prevent this from happening. Even if it's the same list, they have different "filter contexts", as most of the time people do NOT want filters from multiple lists on the same page affecting each other, even if they are referencing the same list/table.

Having the filters in a module is something a few people have requested, but so far we don't have enough interest to make it worth the considerable effort it would take to implement.

-- hugh

But unfortunately it will not be possible I think to get date range from the form.
I have date element in my list, so if I would like to filter by this element with range from extra form, like it works in filter, it would not be possible from date element in the other form, would it?

It is possible, but you have to build your own form, and name the two dates appropriately (see wiki for details on how to do range filtering on the query string, which tells you the naming format you need for the form inputs), rather than using a Fabrik form.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back