Pagination - multi page forms: in form only?

joit

Hi,

pagination is a nice way of splitting up forms. But the details view is also split. Is it possible to avoid that?
Another thing is that when the form or details view is loaded, all groups are shown and then all besides the first one are hidden again (pop in and out). Is there a way to avoid that?

Thanks Hannes

At the moment, no, there is no way of paginating on a form but not a detail view. That would require some changes to the code, to modify the option so it's "Yes / No / Form Only / Details Only", and modify the Javascript that builds the pagination.

Re showing then hiding ... not really. The pagination is done in the Javascript, at the end of rendering the groups, by wrapping extra divs round the groups. Although I can't recall having a form where I ever actually see that effect. It could be something to do with how many / how complex the element setup is on your form. My test forms may just be simple enough that form.js gets round to doing the CSS changes quickly enough that the DOM hasn't actually been displayed yet. That's one of those fun parts of JS being entirely asyncronous. It's very hard to say "wait till X happens before doing Y".

Got a URL I can look at?

-- hugh

sure, here:
index.php/registrieren
you can log in with the information I provided

Whoops something went wrong.
You need to log in the front end and then go here:
/index.php/fahrt-eingeben

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online